Saturday, April 23, 2022

Slumber Party of Three

Dad's recovering about as we expected, though he did seem to overdo it a bit yesterday, only his second full day back to work.  Thankfully he's got his own full-time nurse/mom/nutrition coach in mom to steer him and admonish when necessary.  

So anyway, dad was up early as usual one recent morning, and mom, who generally sleeps later than dad, shuffled out of the bedroom and plunked herself onto dad's lap the way I like to do (note- this was prior to dad's hernia surgery).  The two of them settled into each other silently, mumbling who-knows-what and eventually closing their eyes. 


Not one to be ignored, I wanted in on this party, so I tread gingerly as I do across the side table from my chair and onto the double laps snoring lightly in the rocker. 
Yeah, their PJ pants almost match.  How cute...

And there we three lazed away the early morning hours (okay, maybe it was more like a few minutes or maybe a half hour or so. Whatever) blissfully, not a care in the world . . .

18 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Cleo, I'd never sit on any lap but Lynn's. No doubling up would even
entice me, I'm such a fraidy cat. But I bet that was a snoozy few moments
of the 3 of you. You must be helping mom take care of dad, especially
since he's back to work a bit, keep a sharp cat-eye on him. Precious

Eastside Cats said...

So much snuggling, Cleo!
It's outrageous!
hahaha!

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo good to hear dad is on the other side of his recent surgery. MOL MOL MOL I like that you have your self stationed front and center
Hugs Cecilia

meowmeowmans said...

Snuggly family laptime sounds like a perfect way to spend a morning, Cleo. :)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad your dad is recovering well from his surgery. That sounded like a very nice nap you all had together. I have been on a cruise for 2 weeks so was not able to comment until today.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "It's not a proper snooze-pile until there's a cat in the middle of it!"

Brian's Home Blog said...

We're glad your Dad is improving sweet Cleo and you're taking such good care of him.

Mickey's Musings said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
That is a wonderful way to spend a morning :)
Everyone,human and cat, cuddling together...pawsome!!!!!
Purrs, Julie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That's so sweet! What a loving family you have, Cleo.

pilch92 said...

Awww....that is so sweet. Love the matching pj's too. :) XO

Summer said...

I'm sending healing purrs to your human! I hope his recovery is quick and uneventful. Although I think you all have this covered. ;-)

The Island Cats said...

Now this is a fun party. :)

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Sounds fun! My two aren't lap cats unfortunately.

Leah said...

Good to hear that your Dad is now recovering, Cleo, and that there are plenty of snuggles for you to join!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; if dad drinkz a gallon oh maple syrup a day fora week we think him will bee rite az rain az they say ;) best fizhez and we think yur week end waz grate !! ☺☺♥3

Zoolatry said...

The Love Bunch!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh no!! I've been missing (got COVID on April 19th) and didn't know about your Dad's surgery!! Praying by now he is doing much, much better!!

Darla M Sands said...

One of my favorite families never fails to make me smile. :D Be well!