Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Nipsnoozeapalooza

 On mom's behalf I thank you all for your thoughtful birthday wishes and kind words.  She and dad had a nice relaxing weekend that, as usual, went way too fast. 


We had some exquisite weather this past weekend, and it gave me a chance to lounge out on the front steps in the sun. 

Dad took down his lattice enclosure some time ago, but they let me out now and then and just keep an eye on me so I don't take off or get snatched up by a bear or a Sasquatch or anything. 

As I said, the sun was shining, the air was warm and the little catnip plant they bought last year, which dad kind of on a whim planted by the steps, was the icing on the cake, so to speak. I don't really go for eating the stuff, though I do take a nibble now and then. 

Mostly, I just rub my head in it, roll around a bit, then go to sleep. 

We had to throw in this last shot to show what the weather was like here just a day before dad snapped my 'nip photos. 

Snow had been spitting off & on all day, but at one point sleet was raining down like little bullets, bouncing off the stones and coating everything white.  Crazy, I know.

17 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Precious has a catnip plant outside the front door that is in cased in a small metal cage. Right now it's not near as big as yours because we're not here as warm as you yet. But I have pinched off a leaf or 2 to bring in for an early snack and she does like to eat hers. so do all the neighborhood cats therefore the fence has to stay around it when it's so tiny. Otherwise they can kill it off. So glad you had some sunshine to lay in there Cleo. Hope you get lots more and we'll see you later.

Eastside Cats said...

Although, Cleo, hangin' with the Sasquatch would be rather interesting, no?
I plan on adding catnip to our garden this year; it's supposed to repel mosquitoes, and that's a good thing...as well as create enjoyment for felines.
Win-win!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You look to be enjoying that bit of a nip rub sweet Cleo!

Sandee said...

I'm glad your mom had a great birthday yesterday.

You're sure a pretty girl, Cleo.

Have a purrfect day. My best to your mom. ♥

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh mi cod!!!! nippy heaven!!!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

if that was a catnip plant at my house, it would be nibbled to the roots by now!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo ewe bee lookin MOST gorgeouz in green !! ;) ♥♥ we iz knot big nip fanz either ... tho give uz sum "grazz" & now yur talkin !!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

That is quite a good nip patch you have there!

Saku said...

That is one pawsome catnip plant Cleo!

We got snow here today and more expected tomorrow. But Mom bean says we live in the frozen north so it isn't suprising. It won't last long and I'll get out in the sunny room again soon.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Wow, what a difference a day makes when it comes to your weather!"
Chaplin: "That's some nice-looking 'nip you've got there. I bet it'd be fun to roll around in ..."

meowmeowmans said...

That's some crazy all-over-the-map weather, Cleo. Glad it decided to settle down and be nice so you could enjoy the outdoors. And your nip!

Summer said...

The weather has been crazy this year here too! I'm glad you are able to enjoy your catnip plant.

The Island Cats said...

I bet that nip smells delicious! ~Ernie

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It seems that the weather is being crazy everywhere!

How lovely to have a catnip plant right on your doorstep, Cleo!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

pilch92 said...

It looks like you had a great time in your nip patch. I am glad your mom had a nice birthday too. XO

Katie Isabella said...

we got that sleet and snow too, Cleo. Same day!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are SO gorgeous out there in the sun!