Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Baby Steps No More

 Dad told me we were gonna stick with weekly posts to start, but I guess he was too excited to wait. 

I'm guessing it was a really big deal, based on my mom and dad's reactions, but apparently, my hopping up onto dad's lap on my own


and settling in for quite a while is something to oooh and aaah about.

Dad admitted afterward that although he was ecstatic I did it, he was more than a little umm, uncomfortable. Apparently, before I decided to join him in OUR chair he'd already had to pee pretty bad but was too lazy to get up. Small price to pay, says I...
And then, just last night mom and dad went to sit in their chairs for dinner. I'd been asleep in mom's chair (I'm learning to be an equal opportunity chair sitter), and she was willing to fight me for hers, so she kind of slid into place, nudging me a bit to the side, and lo and behold, I stayed!

Dad said I'm learning to be comfortable with them. Mom said I was just being stubborn and refusing to give up my warm spot. Ten points to mom.

18 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Dear Smudge, one thing we kitties have to learn as soon as we get home from the orphanage, is out of manipulate our humans. They think sometimes that were being standoffish but what we're really doing is getting in staging. I'd say you get an a+. Precious

Eastside Cats said...

Excellent, Smudge!
You are training them well, and quickly.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

so cute smudgie!!!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Excellent human immobilization technique, Smudge."
Chaplin: "Bonus points for immobilizing the human when he had to use the bathroom. We could hardly have done it better ourselves!"

pilch92 said...

I am so happy for you and for your dad. :) XO

Pam said...

What is that saying, when a cat is sitting on you, it is against the law to move!???? lol. You my dear are doing the job well.

Sandee said...

You made dad happy jumping on dads lap. Just remember you're the boss of the house. They know that and you need to know that too.

Have a purrfect day and week. My best to your peeps. ♥

catladymac said...

Purrs.

Saku said...

Well done Smudge. Them beans can make a toasty place to nap.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Actually Smudge, we totally understand the excitement, hooray for you and getting comfy!

meowmeowmans said...

Hooray for you, Smudge! We would be excited, too. :)

ZOOLATRY said...

Time, just takes a little bit of time, right Smudge?

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh yes! Humans love it when we lay on top of them.
They like petting us too and I must admit that it feels good.
Explore often as human laps are quite comfy and humans are warm ;)
Purrs, Julie

My Mind's Eye said...

Smudge...I'm 10000% believe animals know good, kind loving humans and you sweet pretty girl were quick as greased lightning to recognize this.
YAY you what a gift it is to have a kitty in your lap
Hugs Cecilia

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

How absolutely lovely that you did that, Smudge, although #1 says she also sympathises with your dad's discomfort. Keep it up, pretty girl (not the discomfort bit!).

Purrs,
The Chans

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Well done Smudge! You are training your humans well.

Darla M Sands said...

This makes me so happy. :D Blessings to you and yours.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

OMG I LOVE THIS!! I KNEW you would come around, whatever the reason!!