Saturday, March 12, 2022

Girl's Got the Blues

Lordy Lordy, sounds like the wind's fixin' to take down some trees and power lines out there for sure!  Better get this post on up before we lose power-

So mom's been working on her crocheting lately, and alternates between my chair in the living room and sitting on the bed to practice her handiwork.  She's been working with a variety of colors, but on this particular day she was using a rich blue skein, and also on this particular day I decided I was going to help her. 

Keeping it Nice and Flat

Now, before you say it, no, the electric blanket was not on.  They just keep it on the bed because they still use it on chilly nights since springtime is dragging its butt here (but honestly, I think it stays there because they know how fond I've grown of its soft fuzziness and since they adore me to no end and always want to please me and fall all over themselves to cater to my every whim and all that- you know how some humans can be). 
Land Sakes Alive I am Adorable, Aren't I?

Anyway, this blue yarn against the black & white of the electric blanket topped by the world's most magnificent Tortie made for some spectacular 
imagery, though I'm not sure what was going on with the odd lighting in this last one.  I think dad used his phone's flash, and it created a gross yellow tone.
Blecchh!

If y'all find yourselves in the path of this rain/snow/wind mess please stay safe and warm.  Dad says it's crazy to think that just last weekend he and mom were hiking at Dupont State Forest in 70-some degree weather, and here we are, thinking about having to go out to spread some ice melt on the driveway!

19 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The blue suits you, Cleo. We have gale force winds too. The rain is supposed to arrive around 2pm so I won't be venturing outside after lunch!I hope you don't lose your power.

Lynn and Precious said...

Cleo, you keep your toes out of that ice melt stuff. I think you'd be better off to stand on that fluffy blanket in your mom's pretty crochet. Up here we only got one inch of snow and today we're going to have the high winds and tonight it is to be 13°. You bet were wishing winner would just get the heck out of Dodge. Hope you get us some shiny patch back on your little porch soon.

Just Ducky said...

Super cold here Cleo. You think it was middle of winter and not nearly spring! Don't blow away.

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, it seems like Winter isn't ready to make the handoff to Spring, does it?
Like they are fighting..
Get over it, Winter...you are DONE!!!

meowmeowmans said...

You look great with that blue, Cleo. It's winter craziness here today, too. Stay safe and warm, okay? XO

Mickey's Musings said...

I agree that it is good to spoil cats ;)
I get spoiled lots too. I think you would look good in any colour too!
We are getting the rain today, with a bit of snow Sunday. That should melt soon as the temps will go up a bit Monday :)
Purrs, Julie

Darla M Sands said...

You are a looker, for sure. :D I have planting to do and these Ohio temperatures aren't conducive. But spring will come. Just hang on and keep your people warm, sweet Cleo.

pilch92 said...

I hope your mom makes that blue scarf into a blanket for you. You are such a good helper. XO

Summer said...

The weather out there is crazy! I'm glad you're inside and staying warm and cozy.

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo a Princess such as you can never NO never have too many comfy warm layers under her royal tush. Tell Mom I like the yarn color and for sure your furs will add needed warmth
Yes officially crazy weather.
Hugs Cecilia

Saku said...

I lub to help my mom bean with her crocheting too, 'cept she calls it something else.

Stay safe and warm!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "The only way to tell if the electric blanket is on is to lie on it and see, am I right?"

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

It is nice you still have the electric blanket to sleep on, and we all can see what a diligent helper you are!

The Island Cats said...

I'm sure your mom appreciated you helping with the crocheting, Cleo. ~Ernie

Leah said...

The blue suits you well, Cleo! We've had some chilly weather and we don't like it either!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; ewe bee gorgeouz in both fotoz even if dad did spillz musterd all over de blankit !!!! ;)

itz crazed heer two weatherz wize & now bass terd day lite savinz time haz tozzed it self inta de mix ~~~~~

YEOW ~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Zoolatry said...

Blue becomes you.
Jaundicey yellow do not.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You do look so pretty on the blues sweet Cleo!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are such a stunning assistant I don't know how your mom can concentrate on what she's doing!