Monday, September 19, 2011

People Can Suck

Yesterday mom and dad went out for a while and, while pulling into a parking space dad noticed a bunch of animal cages in front of Petco.  They walked over there and, sure enough, there was an adoption spree going on.  Cages were lined up along the front of the store and people were milling about, some holding kittens and some just trying to talk to the poor things that were housed in the cages.
     There were a few dogs there as well, but most of the cages held cats and kittens.  Thorough documentation was clipped to the front of the cages, and dad noticed at least one that stated "My owner didn't want me anymore".  There are so many cats and kittens out there that need loving homes, and I'm sure there are so many more that are suffering in homes that shouldn't be allowed the honor of having pets. 
     I hope that by the end of the day most of those poor things found new homes, and I'm reminded of my indebtedness to dad for rescuing me and, together with mom providing me with a loving home.  But I'm still a little grizzled for the combing thing.  


3 comments:

Fluffy and Heather said...

Poor darlings. :( It makes me so sad to think people can just buy and throw away pets as if they were razor blades or chewing gum. Once you adopt a pet, they become a member of your family!

Daisy said...

My Mommeh volunteered at a cat shelter for a few years. If those people only knew how scared and confused their kitties are when they are surrendered. Adoption is for life!

Athena said...

Poor baby. That makes me so sad.