Friday, September 2, 2011

Back To The Sarcophagus

So anyway, I'm sure some of you will find it weird, but the sarcophagus is Isaac's final resting place.  Dad had him cremated individually, and his ashes are in there with pictures of him and dad together.  I'm just glad that he's here with us.  I think that mom finds it a little uncomfortable, but she's accepted it.  I think.  Maybe.  Not sure.
      I gave mom and dad a scare a couple of years ago.  I started having problems with my ears, and what they thought was an ear infection turned out to be a small tumor.  It was kind of gross- the fluid from the related infection began to build up under my scalp!  The top of my head was all squishy and bulging, and it was really uncomfortable. The doctor removed the tumor, drained the fluid, and sent me home with medicine, and, paws crossed, it hasn't returned.  The doctor told mom and dad that it could possibly return- there was no guarantee it wouldn't- but so far so good.  I'm just making sure that mom and dad make the most of my time here with them. I think dad wants me to be with Isaac when it's my turn, but he and mom haven't really discussed this yet.

     Overall, I'm pretty healthy for a cat my age.  I do have some kidney issues, though.  We're keeping an eye on that.  I'm also stubborn and moody, and I do things MY way and in my own time.  I think this last part is how we all are, right?  Dad woke up in the middle of the night last night and found me stretched out and tucked neatly into the tight space between him and mom.  I thought it was funny because my butt was right under his nose, more or less!  He tucked my tail down, put his hand under his face, and went back to sleep. 
    



 




3 comments:

Athena said...

I'm glad you're pretty healthy. That tumor sounds like it was scary. My mama got all leaky reading about Isaac -- she says it's so hard to lose a kitty. It sounds like he was, and is still, well loved.

Daisy said...

I hope you stay healthy for a long time, Orbit.

I think you picked a good sleeping spot. I can't believe he didn't appreciate you sharing your butt with him. Harley always wants to sniff mine!

Fluffy and Heather said...

The cat sarcophagus is pretty neat, though I don't like the idea of a family member's remains resting inside of it!

By the way, I read on your profile that you come dashing every time you hear a tin open! If so, you should check out my latest blog post...what you see should ring true ;)