Monday, August 17, 2026

Scenes from you guessed it-

 My footrest. And another reluctant share. 

The hazy, hot days of summer bring out the sleeper in me.


Who am I kidding? This is me, whether the air conditioning is running or not. 

 For the record, mom routinely vacuums the footrest. Someone keeps putting fur, litter, etc. all over it. Can't imagine who. 

So mom and dad regularly go to PetSmart for my nutritional needs. Mom always heads to the CAT aisle, telling dad to go ahead and visit the adoptable kitties and she'll join him there. Since there was an adoption event taking place this past Saturday (no, sorry- this isn't a tale about them coming home with another one of me), there were extra cages set up, housing lots more kitties than usual. One, a tiny gingery tot, was extra playful with mom, ready to pounce, and playing peek-a-boo with her.

If you ask me, the only "cute" thing about this is that their furs nearly match.



Okay, Bye.

15 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Smudge, Lynn knows how your Mom feels about visiting the kitties at petsmart. But Lynn is smart, she knows better than to bring anybody home. After all she wouldn't want to get on my bad side. You're looking pretty good for the heat, not to melted. We're up here drowning.

Danielle L Zecher said...

The heat has been brutal lately! Our kitties seem to be shedding even more than normal.
Smudge, you never know, you might enjoy having a little buddy to teach.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're melting here too! That little guy is adorable (and really does match!!)

Gidget Blue Sky said...

MOL!!! dee mum laffed until she started koffing!! Smudge, they say that starting on aug 8th it izza dee dog dayz ovva summer!

Eastside Cats said...

Smudge, you are absolutely correct: the ginger color match!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Wouldn't you like a baby sibling, Smudge? (No worries, Mudpie wouldn't either!)

pilch92 said...

That is a cute kitten, but no one can compare to you. XO

messymimi said...

I melt in the heat, too. You are in the perfect spot to sleep through until cooler weather (with occasional pit stops for food and litter visits.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is a very fetching dangle in the first shot, Smudge! We are almost at the end of our fifth terrible heatwave of the summer, all of this being "sans AC". It's getting really old and unpleasant.

Purrs,
The Chans

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "Snoozing on a cushion seems like an appropriate thing to do in any circumstances."
Charlee: "Also, watch out for small kittens doing cute things like that! A few years ago a little abandoned black kitten crawled into our Mama's lap at our Dada's aunt's house and we have been stuck with her ever since."
Oona: "WHAT WAS THAT, CHARLEE?"
Charlee: "..... I said, we have been blessed with her ever since."
Oona: "That is what Oona thought you said."

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I never look at kitties unless I plan to adopt one--too much temptation.

meowmeowmans said...

Nothing wrong with napping a lot, Smudge. We're right there with you on the joys and benefits or sleeping. :)

Our mom and dad always have to look at the adoptable kitties at PetSmart, too. Thankfully they always seem to keep each other in check so that there are just tow of us here! XO Ava and Target

Ananka said...

OMG what a cutie <3

Haha Smudge I wonder who keeps putting fur, litter and such over the footrest? Funny I have that same problem on my sofas too...I wonder!

Katie Isabella said...

Smudge Smudge Smudge! You know you're jellus! But I won't meow it to anyone!

Darla M Sands said...

I saw a kitty up for adoption while buying aquarium supplies yesterday. He was so friendly, I imagine he'll find his forever home soon. ~fingers crossed~ Be well!