Tuesday, June 20, 2023

So Many Things So Hard to Capture

 Smudge has been delighting us lately with some silly/interesting/peculiar antics, especially for a senior kitty. Unfortunately, it's been difficult to capture much of this behavior so we can share it here. Now, I know it sounds like an excuse for poor photography skills, but typically, by the time I grab my phone and hit the camera app, she's already off to eat, pee, or as most often happens, just plop down in the middle of the floor. One example would be her crocheted egg playtime. Her mom and I toss and roll it back and forth alongside or over Smudge as she lounges between us, and she does some amazing acrobatics, twisting, stretching (though mostly only her upper body seems to want to do the moving), and occasionally jumping and turning mid-air while trying to catch the egg. The only shot I've been able to get so far is this. See how lithe and energetic she can be? 

If you look real close, you can detect movement. Seriously. See?
How's that for an action shot? 

She does the same with her favorite shoelace and especially likes it when I rub both things in the fresh nip from Cleo's sprawling shrub by the front steps. 

15 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Lol, I see her head had moved. Of course our cats never want us to show off their skills or beauty with camera shots. Good try on your part. I bet she is off and running the moment you turn off the cell phone.

Eastside Cats said...

Smudge is modest, and eschews allowing photographic evidence of her abilities.
Yesterday, I looked all over for Sweetie, only to find her on top of a table, looking out the front window...a place she rarely visits.
Her Solensia shots appear to be helping her move around, for which we are grateful.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have a similar problem with Rupert. Every time he sees the camera, he stops doing whatever he was doing

The Oceanside Animals said...

Oona: "She moves so fast, it seems like she's standing still."
Lulu: "I don't think it works that wa—"
Oona: "TOO FAST TO CATCH THE MOVEMENT!!! JUST LIKE OONA!!!"

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We laughed at Oona's comment above! We're glad she is feeling comfortable enough to be a kitten again!

Purrs,
The Chans

pilch92 said...

I am glad Smudge is having fun. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm so glad sweet Smudge is having fun and enjoying her new life!

meowmeowmans said...

LOL. We can definitely see that Smudge moved! We are so glad she's doing so well there with you. XO

The Island Cats said...

MOL! Smudge, you’re as energetic as I am! ~Ernie

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sometimes, all the action is mental...

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad Smudge is having fun even if she refuses to demonstrate her athletic skills to her readers!

Saku said...

Gotta keep 'em wanting more Smudge! MOL

Fr. Tom Fish said...

I blinked..what did I miss?? teehee

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Action shots are tough to get--mostly about luck!

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVE the comments as well as the action shots here and the telling of what led to the action. You know, I too have dazzled Mom in the past several years with my lightening fast moves! It's a job we kittens of an age, have. XO