Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Post-Christmas Post

Well, another Christmas has come and gone, and things are back to normal (whatever that means).  Christmas Eve morning felt like a typical weekend morning, with the 3 of us snuggling and in no hurry to get out of bed.


 Although dad did get up earlier every morning to get a fire going since the outside temps were only in the teens.  Christmas Day brought all kinds of goodies, including some for me.  I got some of my favorite chewy treats and a toy owl, stuffed with something called silver vine. 

I played with it and played with it and played with it, and then I lost interest. I left it there on the living room floor,

where it still sits to this day.  Truthfully, mom and dad are playing with it now more than I am.  Before we opened gifts dad let me have a whiff of the owl and it drove me cuckoo. 

He took it away to put back in the pile of presents under the tree and I hopped down and went over to the tree, sniffing everything and everywhere.  And yes, before you say it, they did watch me to make sure I didn't try to eat that curly ribbon.

Mom and dad spent the day lounging, watching Christmas movies, sipping mimosas, working on a puzzle and napping. 

The Christmas shrub has now been un-decorated except for the lights and will become a year-round fixture (or until it withers from neglect, much like my toy owl), dad's back at work, and we're looking forward to 2021 with the hope that it brings better things than what this past year has.


We hope all y'all had a nice Christmas and enjoyed your families, some friends and maybe some peace and quiet.

13 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Fantastic Christmas, Cleo. Precious woke up to 10 inches of snow. Good thing she does not go outside. I'd have lost her. Looks like you and mom did a great and colorful jigsaw puzzle. I did one much smaller but it had kittens and flowers on it. Happy New Year.

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, maybe you'll find your new toy interesting again after a lull!
We had a very quiet Christmas, since we didn't visit the family.
Watched old TV western reruns, and of course The Hubby watches any sporting event that comes in over the antenna...which is precious little, but enough to send ME to napping with the cats!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That sounds like the perfect Christmas, Cleo.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We have a feeling that toy will come back into favor at some time. Ours do. That is really a fun puzzle and we hope you have a wonderful next year too!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your silvervine Christmas sweet Cleo and a Happy New Year to you and your peeps!

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like you had the purrfect Christmas, Cleo!

Furries said...

What a wonderful Christmas you all had. I always wonder how people with a cat can do a jigsaw puzzle and not lose any pieces.

The Whiskeratti said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas.

pilch92 said...

That sounds like a perfect Christmas to me. My cats got some silvervine too and they all love it- even Trouble who doesn't like catnip.

Summer said...

We did have a nice Christmas! And I'm glad you did too.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

you always make me laugh!! "where it sits til this day" "Mom and Dad are having more fun playing with it than I am"........I am always laughing!!! Is that gorgeous photo on the bottom the puzzle you put together? That looks like it was hard but so pretty! I could sure go for a Mimosa about now.....tomorrow night we are having strawberry margaritas and of course champagne at midnight. I love your little tree and think it is charming! Wishing you all a happy/healthy/blessed New Year a little early!

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo you got some fine swag!! Sounds like your Chrissymas morning was purrfect.
OMCs that puzzle is gawgeous well done to those with thumbs. Will they frame it?
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

I hope you enjoy your new toy another day. Here, geriatric Jezebel is contending with an unexpected pair of shelter kitten adoptees. They love all the long abandoned toys but don't understand Jezzy's not ready to be friends. We'll keep you informed on how that goes. :)