Monday, December 14, 2020

Out for a Stroll. Sort of.

 Okay, so he was a handsome old mancat and I'm sure mom and dad miss him, but I'm the star of this show now, so can we please get back to me?


Yeah, so mom's been trying to get me to go out more, thinking the walk will do me good. 

These pictures don't really show it, but I'm still a little skittish about being out there.  They've always kept me inside, so this is kinda new for me. 

Maybe in time I'll get the hang of it.  Who knows.  I usually walk a little ways, then sit, then sniff here and there, then sit some more.  Maybe I'll go another few feet, maybe not. 

Then mom picks me up and carries me a little further.  And on and on it goes. It's a process for sure.  I tend to want to turn and go back to the house, though my curiosity is heightened by new sights, sounds and smells out there.  I suppose if we do this enough I'll learn to enjoy it.  Or not. 

14 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Burton loves to be out on his leash, but he's not very good at "walking". He just wants to be out and watching things, not going anywhere.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Our Angel Bobo LOVED walking outside on a leash, Cody wanted no part of it....we are afraid to start Roary with it because he has already run out of our apartment door into the hallway.....TWICE........and we are afraid it might encourage him to do it more often.

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW sweet Cleo, you are doing really good and I hope you get the hang of that leash thing soon.

Timmy Tomcat said...

You will get to like it Cleo. Dad was worried I did not really like our fenced Cat Yard much but I go out when he is not looking. In fact last night (the first night after he set up the feral feeding so no one can get outside outside) I was MIA. Yea me and Rumpy out looking for Introoders at 8pm. We came right in when he turned the light on and called us so we think it is a "Go" for Outside. Keep it up and you will love it

hairballs and hissyfits said...

Yeah! Good for you! Frodo says to tell you that you will get used to it in no time and love it!! Besides it is unfair to keep your beauty indoors--share with the world!

The Island Cats said...

I never did well outside, Cleo. I would get spooked too easily and then try to run away. So the mom stopped taking me out. Hopefully you'll learn to like it. ~Ernie

pilch92 said...

I bet you will end up loving it. XO

Ivan from WMD said...

Cleo, we're surprised they got the harness on you!!

Darla M Sands said...

You are so loved, sweet Cleo. :)

Summer said...

Binga was 15 when she first started walking on a harness and leash, and she loved it! But then, she learned from me. You don't have an example to go by, so I imagine the process would be slower for you, Cleo. I think it's awesome you are giving it a try.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is nice to get out in the fresh air and smell all the different things out there. I am sure you will get more confident with time.

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo you are a brave Tortie!!
So many noises in the great out of doors!!
Hugs Ceiclia

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, do what feels good to you!
Inside or outside.
Chuck and Angel weren't fans of the outside at first, but they learned to enjoy!

Saku said...

Both Sasha and Saku like to go out in the back yard, when the weather is nice, and without a leash. Put a leash on Saku and he becomes a rock.

You'll decide whether your purrfer to walk or be carried. We like option B ourselves. :)