Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Chair and Chair Alike

Even though we just got dad his own chair my early mornings are usually spent in mom's rocker since I fit a little better with dad in that one.  Don't get me wrong- I love the plush comfort of dad's new chair, but I also like snuggling with him all nice and tight in mom's.  


On returning from refilling his coffee vat he usually finds me in almost the same position as when he got up, but on this particular day I just sat up waiting for him to come settle back in.  Sometimes I gripe and groan and refuse to move, but others I simply slide back over to the left chair arm and settle right back into my snoozy.  He doesn't like to turn the heat up too much, so most mornings he wraps up in this fleece they keep on mom's chair for just this purpose.

Our new place has hardwood floors throughout, but mom and dad went shopping recently and came home with a nice big area rug to help cozy the living room and tamp down some of the echo.  Our old place had wall-to-wall carpet, and I've been missing it, so this will be perfect for those times I'm not in the mood for a chair.  You can just see bits of the rug around the chair up above.

This, of course, is my newest favorite place!



15 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, you've got your humans well trained!
We love our hardwood floors, even though they are old.
Makes cat bomit easy to clean up, if the cat doesn't try for one of the tiny throw rugs instead!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Both Burton and Rupert like to wedge themselves between me and the couch arm

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo ya bee lookin gorgeouz; N that new chair oh dadz iz
total lee rockin all sew...N just wundrin...how many gallonz
in dadz coffee vat !!! :) ♥♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure did find the comfy cozy sweet Cleo!

Summer said...

Your chairs are WAY more comfier than ours!

Timmy Tomcat said...

That is a nice chair Cleo and that you have it all figured out and Dad trained goes to show how sharp you are. Yep

Furries said...

Looks like you have some cozy spots. Half our house is wood floor and half is carpet. Wood floor is easy to clean, but cold and echo-y, and it's hard to run fast on the slippery floors. The carpet is cozy and lets us get a really good grip as we do crazy kitten zoomies.

The Island Cats said...

That is the purrfect chair, Cleo! Nice of you to share it with your humans.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You do look comfy wedged in beside your dad.
I need a coffee vat too. I have always finished my first cup before Ivor has started his.

pilch92 said...

You are such a sweet kitty, so cuddly. XO

Saku said...

That's definitely a cozy place to nap Cleo. Enjoy!

Ivan from WMD said...

Well, both those chairs *are* yours, aren't they?

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

OMC that looks very comfy, Cleo and you're such a sweetie💗Pawkisses for a Snuggly Wednesday🐾😽💞

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo I truly believe both chairs were purchased with you in mind...and I know Mom and Dad are thankful you share with them. Sounds like 3 are settling nicely into your Mountain home.
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

That hard flooring looks nice, and the new area rug is a perfect addition. Enjoy your snuggles!