Friday, October 16, 2020

Whose New Chair?

Dad just turned 5900 years old, and he and mom went out and bought him a new chair so they can each have their own rocker-recliner and dad can stop whining about his back. 

On the one hand he has been sitting in a beach-style chair since we moved from Chapel Hill a while ago and got rid of that awesome double theater chair we had, but on the other hand he's always had one excuse or another for not getting a new one.

They got this new one that's nice and soft and kind of fluffy, and since the day it arrived I pretty much commandeered it, blessing it with bits of litter and fur and occasionally allowing dad to sit in it with me. 

Sure, I've always enjoyed mom's old Lazy Boy, but this one- I don't know- something about it says "It's all yours, Cleopatra".  When I see dad getting ready to sit in it I rush to it first.  If I'm already in it and dad tries to sit down I groan and grumble to try to scare him off, to no avail.


This one has something mom's chair doesn't, though, and I think it's my new most favorite spot ever.  When dad puts the foot rest up the space between the seat and foot rest is soft fabric where mom's has an empty space except for the metal brackets, and that make a perfect "nest" for me to curl up in, allowing dad full use of the seat AND me to fully enjoy the chair in my own little spot.
I've always slept with mom and dad, but since this thing arrived I've spent every single night in it.  I've overheard them crying about me not sleeping with them any more, but hey, they're the ones who got this damn chair.

Our new place has a big beautiful fireplace, and mom loves the colors in this photo of me.  Dad took the picture by the firelight with no flash, and it is kind of cool.

This is what dad faces after getting up for a coffee refill. Note the step stool they keep next to the chair for me.




Mom snuck this last one of me and dad "watching television".  


24 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

MOL!!! "watchin tv"

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I can tell you were really enjoying the TV!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Wow a Happy Happy to your Dad Cleo! What a nice chair you have. Our recliner also has the place filled in so we can all fit. We all do except for Fitz since she is just stand-offish so her loss!

Saku said...

Great chair you got Cleo! Enjoy.

Furries said...

That looks like a fantastic plushy chair. Hopefully you aren't making your dad put his legs at a wonky angle that will hurt his back!

Eastside Cats said...

"Watching" TV...with eyelids closed! Hahahahaha!
We've been contemplating recliner chairs; The Hubby has expensive taste and likes the Stressless Recliner, and I said if he gets one, then I get one too!

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your dad, Cleo!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Such a royal velvety colour, it was obviously made for a princess like you!

The Island Cats said...

Nice that your dad shares his chair with you, Cleo. Or is it you're sharing YOUR chair with him?!?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your dad watches TV the same way Ivor does. Do you get the sound effects too? That is a lovely comfortable looking chair.

Cathy Keisha said...

Looks like your dad is resting his eyes. I guess the commercial is on. Lovely chair and I'm glad it's your's.

pilch92 said...

That does look like a chair made for you Cleo. Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Summer said...

That chair looks awesome! Your male human can get his own.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Cleo, your new chair is just lovely. And how lucky you are to have a fireplace!

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo darlin' you and your staff are in the land where my heart was born.
I truly think I was a mountain girl in another life but alas somehow was born in the Piedmont instead of the mountains of NC. Your fireplace is beautiful.
I bet you are going to use it a lot.
I love the 'new lazy girl lounge' Mom and Dad bought for you. Every so often it is okey dokey to share with them but they need to know what's yours is yours and what's theirs is yours!! PERIOD!!
Please tell Dad the panels he asked about are, I think, wall hangings porches. They seemed to be wrought iron and rather heavy. I like the designs of them.
Hugs and remember you 3 please enjoy the Mountains for me too
Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

PS meant to say happy bday to your dad I got all wrapped up in the mountains.MOL

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Cleo, that is an absolutely fab chair! You are very kind to share it with your Dad, but it's clear it was meant for you in the first place!

Purrs,
Tama and Genji

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That fireplace photo looks SO cozy! And the chair was clearly made for you, Cleo.

Shoko Neilson said...



Cool chair. It seems to have dang near everything. I really like the colour.

Shoko

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happee 5900th birthday two yur dad cleo; we hope hiz day rocked....frank lee we think hiz day could bee much better if he went out N got HIZ OWN REE CLINERZ chair, now that ewe and mom haz one; dad must feel left out :) !!!!

yur fire place foto total lee rox.... ♥♥

Darla M Sands said...

You own it, for sure! :) As well as your humans' hearts.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

That's a comfortable chair, Cleo, it seems that your Dad looks from the inside out...MOL..Pawkisses for a Happy belated Birthday🐾😽💞

Sandee said...

I don't think this is dads new chair, I think it's your new chair. You like it so much you don't sleep with your peeps anymore. Most adorable.

Have a fabulous day and week. My best to your peeps. ♥

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "It's awfully nice of you to let your Dad sit in your new chair once in a while."
Chaplin: "We hope he gives you treats to pay for the privilege!"