Saturday, August 15, 2020

Puzzle Time

Though I'm the maker of my own enjoyment, comfort and what all else, I've grown fond of just being near mom and dad.  With the warmer months I spend less time on their laps, but I just like being with them wherever they are, whatever they're doing.  Dad recently brought a puzzle home for them to work on, and not wanting to be left out I decided to get in on the fun.






Dad note:  I can't express what a joy Cleo is with all her habits, expressions, silliness & 'tude.  The way she rolls over and pulls what we call her "adorable" pose, staring at us upside-down, how she moves with the sunpuddles as they slide across the floor in the living room & back bedroom, the habits & routines she's developed, including asking to be let outside (onto the deck), knowing that bedtime means flattening herself out on the entrance mat in preparation for her night's "spanking" (her somewhat gentle- though mom would describe otherwise- hindquarter patting and slight roughing up, which she sometimes can't get enough of and lets me know as much when I stop), and especially hopping up onto the bed at the end of the night and curling right up next to mom, though during the colder months she prefers on mom.  It's sad how seniors are often overlooked at the shelters, and I wish I could take all of the kitties home whatever their ages, but mom and I couldn't be happier that we decided several years ago to welcome this snippy, gentle, pampered, ornery, loving, all-about-me-dammit, silly, larger-than-life (sorry Cleo, had to toss that one in) senior Tortie into our home.

Okay, enough with the warm fuzzies, dad.  What brought all that on? I just wanted to help with the puzzle.  Sheesh, humans...

22 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Cleo, supervising all activities is integral to being cat, and you clearly do it very well.

It is lovely to se how thoroughly adored you are!

Purrs,
Tama an Genji

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo darlin' precious Tortie...you are loved to the moon and back. I 100% agree with Dad...every single move, habit and hair on your sweet self
is adored. We felt the same about Madi so I truly understand.
What a nice note dad gave us.
As for the puzzle, I just giggled at every move you made. Now the trick is to wait until there are maybe 10 pieces left...then put on your Cat burglar hat
make a made dash for one when no one is looking.
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

You really are a sweetie Cleo! Hey, you don't look too puzzled though!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, you are mugging for the camera!
Also, go ahead and steal one puzzle piece, just to mess with their heads!
Agree with adopting older cats; think we'll always go with pairs too.

Saku said...

Hey Cleo, you know what gets the beans excited? Grab one of those puzzle pieces in your mouth! MOL! Saku does it when our mom bean works on a puzzle so she has to cover the pieces up to keep them away from him. If he gets one she says some furry bad words.

We're glad your beans picked you Cleo. We think you all lucked out. :)

Timmy Tomcat said...

Cleo you are a dear and we know our Dad thinks the same of all of us. Cats are quirky and fun and the best. When we get older we know who we are and are less prone to skittishness and the like. We love you too Cleo

Timmy Tomcat said...

PS Leap on the puzzle and see if the feelings persist MOL

The Swiss Cats said...

You're such a cute helper, Cleo ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

You look like you were a big help with the puzzle, Cleo. ;)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Awww, your peeps love you SO much, and it's obvious the feeling is mutual!

pilch92 said...

I am so glad Cleo has a loving forever home. Cleo, a fun game is to hide a few pieces on your humans. XO

Summer said...

Wow, look at all those toys - I mean, puzzle pieces! You mean you didn't steal any, Cleo?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Your mum and dad would never be able to complete that puzzle without your help.
It is so obvious how well loved you are, and the happiness you have brought to your home.

Katie Isabella said...

Cleo...we well loved cats are so fortunate in the world. Like you, I would gather and brief home everyone of only that was possible I am glad each day of the love I get in return for the love I gave You are like me that way. XXXXX

Catio Tales said...

Ha ! Well yes, you did a puzzle post. Buyt surely you should help by rolling all over the pieces, and distributing a few randomly across the house (Äiti has many puzzles with one piece missing !).
And Äiti totally agrees with your Dad's sentiments. He writes so eloquently and from the heart. Soppy old guy !

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

So sweet. Looks like you're really having fun, Cleo!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We bet that you (Cleo) pawticipated in arranging puzzle pieces!

Darla M Sands said...

You scored big-time, Cleo. :) Best wishes, and good on you for not laying *on* the puzzle.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; hay ewe gorgeouz; we agreez with dad on all that fuzzee stuff :) ☺☺

and NOW....pleez help yur self ta puzzle peezez 136. 48. 29 and 250...what ever ya due, due KNOT let yur mom ore dad now wear they iz....til looooong afturr de puzzlez compleet :) ☺☺

Furries said...

Your Dad LOVES you!

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

You are adorable, Cleo!
How thoughtful of you to supervisor Mum and Dad :)

Gigi said...

I used to be a pretty aloof boy, but since the Human retired two years ago and especially since "quarantine life" I have become quite the cuddly lovey-boy. It's a little embarrassing frankly. And heck, I *am* 16--I can be a softy if I want, right??