Sunday, July 5, 2020

This is So Not Me

Okay, okay, so I know I've made it clear in the past that I don't like to be held, but dad's making me put this one up here to show oh how wrong I am (his words).  So y'all know, I still don't care for being held in any position whatsoever, and I still squirm whenever either of them picks me up and tries to be all cuddly with me, but on this particular night I must've been heavily sedated or kidnapped by aliens and replaced with an exact replica because I actually kind of settled in, even against the old guy's bare chest, (for the record he did have pants on) and even seemed to be enjoying this.  And then the spell was broken and I made him put me down.  End of story.  
Don't count on seeing too many pictures like this one.

15 comments:

Summer said...

I will tell you a secret - even though I do therapy cat work, I'm not that fond of being held either! I'll tolerate it for a while but then I get squirmy.

Furries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furries said...

A little cuddle every once in a while is ok. We won't think any less of you.

The Swiss Cats said...

Once in a while you have to do something like this to make your human super happy. I do it three or four times a year (I don't like being held either). Purrs, Pixie

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have to change things up now and again. It keeps the humans on their toes!

Mickey's Musings said...

Aw Cleo, you look so cute!
Georgia puts up with a bit of a cuddle but Julie loves them.
That's good as mum loves to pick her up and cuddle ;)
Purrs,Georgia and Julie

Brian's Home Blog said...

Actually you do look pretty happy sweet Cleo!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, we'll chalk this one up to Photoshopping, and won't hold it against you!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; we iz crackin up !!!!

(for the record he did have pants on) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yur dad iz hill larry uz !!!

bye de way; de foto doez rock.....even if ale ee endz waz involved ;) ♥♥☺☺

The Island Cats said...

Cleo, it must be a guy thing. I don't like being held either but the dad insists on picking me up and holding me occasionally. Now the mom knows I don't like it so she rarely will...but not the dad. He thinks I'm just playing hard to get. Boy is he wrong! ~Ernie

Saku said...

Cleo, you gotta keep the beans guessing. You wouldn't want them to know that you maybe, possibly, probably not, well maybe, like it!

Darla M Sands said...

Oh, but that is an adorable photo. Good on you for giving your dad some love. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

When I adopted Mudpie the shelter said she liked being picked up, but the moment doesn't last long with her either!

Katie Isabella said...

What is is with Torties? Admiral always said she didn't like being picked up either or snuggled UNLESS it was on her terms. When she got in your lap, all bets were off and arms around her with smoochies other head and back were tolerated.

Katie Isabella said...

Cleo, you are a fine figger of a lady cat!