Saturday, March 28, 2020

Momsnuggles with the Cuddlebug (say that 3 times fast!)

Since I typically share more than enough photos of me and the old guy I figured I'd give mom some quality post space.  Here's a collection with me, mostly doing what I do best, and mom, the not-quite-old-yet half of my caregiving cohorts.  
Okay, here goes- the dadiot feels the need to address mom's stained shirts she always seems to be wearing:
For the record, (honestly I think it bothers dad more than mom) mom isn't a slob, doesn't drool or need a bib.  When she's hanging out at home she likes to be in her comfy, well-worn & oversized sweatshirts, spotted with paint and who knows what all else.  They're actually old stretched out shirts that dad used to wear.  He likes to give mom a hard time when she's working in the kitchen, warning her about her "sleeves of death" getting caught on something or catching on fire.  Not that you asked or noticed.  This was all dad.  He's been placed on an alternating schedule and is home more now, and I think this sudden unplanned time off from work is eating his brain.

16 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Tell your dad (and your mom) not to worry about marks on older clothes. We all have old clothes that are past their best to protect the good ones.

The Whiskeratti said...

It's good of you to look after your mom too. And I totally agree with Eric's mom from above.

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, I have to remind myself to get out of my pajamas!
I often go for comfy clothes, instead of the usual work clothes during the week.
Funny enough, I'm more in your dad's category, since I'm the one with a full-time job while The Hubby is retired.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are wonderful cozy pics sweet Cleo! Tell the Mom her shirt is A-O-K as long as she has her comfy too!

pilch92 said...

You are such a sweetie. Tell your mom not to worry about what she wears. When I am home, I am in my pj's which is why I hate it when someone comes to the door :) Stay healthy.

The Island Cats said...

You sure enjoy cuddling with your mom. And it's okay for her to be comfy at home...no need for explanation.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Cleo, we love the cuddling photos with your mom. It's so wonderful to see you have some comfy looking sleep time. Thanks for the share. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

Summer said...

If the clothes belonged to your male human originally, he can't exactly complain without implicating himself, can he?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Well Cleo, if it makes your Dad feel any better Mom likes to wear her old stained shirts when she is home too. Maybe it's a Mom thing.

We think it's fantastic your Dad can paint, our Mom so wishes she could.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Those are all wonderful photos, Cleo! At times like these, our people need us to snuggle with them more than ever!

Purrs,
Tama and Genji

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith said...

Wearing older clothes makes the newer clothes stay in good condition longer. What a clever money-saving trick!
We hope everyone is doing well, Cleo!

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo well done on equal time with mom...I 100% agree if we need to be the most comfy at home. IN full disclosure...I have only been washing my hair every other day and some days I don't even put on my away from home face.
MOL
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

I managed to repeat "Momsnuggles with Cuddlebug" five times. Heh... Be well!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Poor Dad, I think all of our brains are being "eaten" by all of this and we are all tense and to be honest, frightened. I had to laugh when I saw "cuddlebug" because our Vet has called Cody their "cuddlebug" since he was a kitten. Stay safe and healthy!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Nothing better than a good cuddle!

Ivan from WMD said...

Cleo, you know that none of us cares about what our moms or dads are wearing, only that they pay attention to us! It's nice to see you snuggling with your mom.