Friday, March 1, 2019

Correction

     So okay, dad said I had to clarify something.  Now, I know I told you we moved to Wilmington, but we're technically in Leland, which is just across the Cape Fear River from Wilmington. It only takes us a few minutes (barring crazy assed traffic, of course) to get into downtown, as well as many other important things like shopping, parks, doctor's appointments and microbreweries.  As you'll see from my outstanding cartography skills Leland is right outside Wilmington, and we're still close enough to the Port City to say we're in Wilmington because I said so.  There, happy dad?
     You'll also note the really important geographical markers which make this area so favorable to mom and dad.  "You can keep your Carolina Beach," said dad with a snort.  "Wallow away all you want at Wrightsville Beach," he said, waving his hands and rolling his eyes. For a second I thought he was having a fit of some sort.  "Those are all too crowded and touristy for me," he whined. I told him he was getting kinda bitchy. "Kure Beach, meh," he continued, shrugging like the crusty old fart we know and love. I'd about had enough, so I pretended I had to poop, and went to hide in my litter box.

     As far as mom and dad are concerned Fort Fisher Beach is the best there is, and they can't wait til it warms up just a little more so they can stake their spot over there and soak up the sun, though if you ask me, the sand in the butts and books would be a little annoying...
Disclaimer: There may be some geographical inaccuracies in this map.  So what.

15 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

What a delightful post! "So What"
It's it really too cold outside to be thinking about beaches? Brrr....

Ivan from WMD said...

OMC! Mom lived in Leland (Mt. Misery Road)! A few weeks ago she did a Google tour and boy, has it changed. It used to be all woods and roadkill. Now, five miilion people.

Sorry about having International Paper down the road.

Summer said...

That is an area my human has never been to! But there is a lot on the East Coast south of Maryland that she has never visited.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo.....any beech that haz fish just thata wayz >>>>>>>
oh de sandee shorez.....iz a good one .....N ya did good on yur graffix ;) ♥♥♥ !!

My Mind's Eye said...

Yes indeedy Cleo there are way too many lookie sees now a days.
Come spring my daughter and son in law DO NOT GO to certain parts of Carteret County because of the lookie sees
Hubby has a friend who lives in Leland!
Hugs Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hear most beaches are sort of fun!

pilch92 said...

I love your map- Cleoland :)

Marg said...

Good to hear just where you moved to. Sounds like a great place. The beach is a great place to be. Have a great day.

Hairballs and Hissyfits said...

Cleoland! I love it! And it's always important to be near some nice microbrews!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Too funny! I'm not a beach person but I would happily visit Cleoland :)

Gigi said...

"So what?" I LOVE this. I am going to adopt this phrase and use it often: "Spitty you scattered litter everywhere!" "Spitty, you threw up in my shoe!" "Spitty, that bitey was too hard!" Ha ha ha-- SO WHAT? This is brilliant! ALso, very nice map ;-)

Furries said...

Isn't a beach just a big litter box? Mom & Dad love the ocean, but we hardly ever get to the coast.

The Whiskeratti said...

Well that clears things up! Thank you. When I still lived in NC my sister and I went to Kure/Carolina Beach for a day. It was fun. I hadn't seen a beach in maybe twenty years at that point.

Darla M Sands said...

Wish I could come for a visit!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Cleo we are really close to Cleo-Land and you will love living on the Best-Coast. You are a bit closer to warm-land so lucky lucky you.
Purrs you can relax while the folks try a beach or maybe Dad will stay home and give you pets while the Mom goes.
Glad you are moved and relaxed dear girl
Timmy and Family