Saturday, December 1, 2018

Post Thanksgiving Day Post, Just Slightly Delayed

Sad girl with no turkey.
So Thanksgiving was a hoot... for mom and dad😡.  Oh sure, I got to smell the turkey and stuffing while they slow-cooked in the oven all morning (the bird and stuffing, not mom and dad).  And I got to watch mom and dad eat.  And I got to watch dad rip apart the carcass in preparation for his annual lets-make-turkey-soup-and-not-give-kitty-anything festival.  Yay.  What fun.  Woo hoo. 
     Sure, we all got to lounge and nap some.  But I do that every day.  I thought for sure I'd at least get to sample that damn bird.

I mean, look at all this glorious meat!  They got a 14 1/2 pound roaster, this is what was left after they filled their gullets, and I got none!  I got tired of my pleas being ignored, so I spent the day like this.
Nope, not a single wing or drumstick.
     Oh sure, I should be happy that I have a nice warm place to rest my weary bod and all that crap, but not even a shred of that juicy stuff was sent my way.  This is what remained of the bird as they didn't want to waste a single morsel.  
     With all this stock dad made a vat of soup the likes of which the world has never seen (sorry, had to sneak in a Trump jab), and they even have a couple of quarts in the freezer for future enjoyment.  Good for them.  No, really, I'm so happy they get to enjoy time and again that beautiful, golden brown, juicy, tender bird.  Just one question, Mr. I'm-eating-all-healthy-like-never-before: Where'd all that glorious, salted, golden brown crispy skin go?  Hmm?  
     Mom doesn't eat the skin, and I didn't see any amongst the leftovers or in the compost bucket. What's the matter, hmm?  Cleo got your tongue?
Woe is me...

18 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

GOOD meowning you darling Beauty! Yes, you went through the corridors of heck! Flames licking at you as you trod through in your stalwart manner. Yup. Your pawrents were unfair and stingy. They, pawrents, do that! My mom was the same and the rest of the family. The did give me a shard of turkey meat though. Wanna come over? Oh! It's all gone. But come over anyway. We'll share the sun.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cleo your 'male staff' seems to have inherited feline agility at preparing a turkey for soup. Those bowls of lovely turkey (my favorite white meat) made me drool.
Yay you for your excellent snoopervisory skills.
Hugs Cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, I think you should get some of that turkey! A wee bit won't do you a bit of harm.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well a little bite would have been a nice thing Cleo!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Whaaat??? You never even got a tiny morsel?

Annie Bear said...

MOL, Cleo. You got the last laugh on your turkey hogging dad. By the way, you look scrumptious in that top photo!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Woe is indeed you. That is seriously not right. You should send a letter of complaint through official channels.

Purrs,
The Chans

Hairballs and Hissyfits said...

i think I know where that delicious skin went! How heartless of them! Amarula says that --in Tortie solidarity-she is happy to come over to your house and help you give the folks a good gnawing if you like!

The Island Cats said...

Don't feel bad, Cleo. We didn't get any turkey either. In fact, our peeps went some place else for Thanksgiving dinner...and y'know what? They didn't have turkey either!!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You poor baby! I would've given you all the turkey you wanted. Mudpie didn't get any either, but she never wants it! I still offer though.

Ivan from WMD said...

What is up with your mom and dad, Cleo? Turkey is healthy, plus, we're pretty sure it's in the Universal Cat Rule Book that the cat ALWAYS gets turkey. They need to get with the program!

pilch92 said...

You poor kitty! That is so awful that they made you smell it cooking and didn't even share.

The Swiss Cats said...

That's so unfair ! We think you should have got more of that turkey ! Purrs

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh my!! that's even worse than what happened to me! My mom and dad brought home NO LEFTOVERS for us!! What's WRONG with these people!? Love, Cody

Furries said...

I can't believe they didn't give you any turkey. My humans also got a 14 pound bird (one of the smallest they've every purchased) and I didn't get any either. But I don't eat turkey, so I can't complain. My people make turkey enchiladas out of the leftover meat. they bought a 23 pound bird one year. That beast barely fit in our oven!

Tamago said...

Oh no, that's so unfair! Your pawrents should have shared the bird with you. They need to be purrnished! :-)

The Whiskeratti said...

Not even a tiny bit of turkey? That's just rude.

Darla M Sands said...

Ha! That's funny. Er... I mean, tragic.