Sunday, September 30, 2018

Dad's Back Again- A Mishmash of Stuff

     Well, dad's safely back from working in Wilmington all this past week.  We were fortunate to escape Florence's wrath up here, but out there so many others weren't as lucky. Many homes and businesses were damaged, lives were lost, and some roads were still closed, with piles of limbs and debris littering many streets.  Life was trying to return to some sort of normalcy, but it's likely going to take a while.
     Dad says he's never seen such scenes as what he saw out there.

     Last Sunday mom was getting dad's clothes all laid out for the week and was trying to fill his duffle bag.  As you can see, I needed to leave my scent on it so dad wouldn't forget me (or you just wanted to lay on it).

     
   Yesterday mom was working on some things on the floor, and I knew she needed my help with that as well, so I planted myself firmly atop a file folder next to her (or you just wanted to lay on it).  

     Shut up, dad.  Wait, I think I hear work calling.  They need you to work somewhere else again. Anyway, while dad was out there he snapped a picture of someone he saw in a closet in an apartment and sent it to me and mom.  

     Is that not awesome?  Dad is blathering on about a doppelganger or some crap.  Whatever.

     So dad usually leaves mom a note every day on the laptop for her to find when she wakes up.  Apparently he thought he was feeling creative one recent morning after a playful encounter with yours truly, and this was what he wrote:

She's an odd one this cat, her quirks and her ways,
The things that she does, the things that she says.
Remember last night and that odd way she cried?
She was doing it again, so I crawled from my side
Of the bed that we share, to see what made her sing
And she was sitting there meowing in front of her string.
I'm not sure what she wanted, though it seemed to me
She merely wanted attention from you or from me!
So I picked up that string, swung it to and fro,
She swatted and clawed and it pleased her so.
She then walked away and her food did attack,
While I patted and rubbed o'er her shoulders and back
As if she were starving and hadn't eaten in days,
She's an odd one this cat, her quirks and her ways!

   Don't quit your day job, dad.

12 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a sweet poem from your dad. You do indeed have a doppelganger. I thought the photo was of you at first.
I am glad you weren't affected by Florence, but my thoughts are with all those who were.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad your Dad got back from the coast okay, great photos Cleo!

The Swiss Cats said...

We're glad Florence didn't hit you. What a lovely poem ! Purrs

Summer said...

My human thinks it's sweet that your human leaves notes on your other human's laptop.

pilch92 said...

Your Dad did a good job on that poem. I am glad he is back home now. That other kitty does look similar to you My Penny looks a lot like you too. You are a good helper to your folks. XO

The Island Cats said...

That kitty does look like you. But we know there's only one you. We're glad your dad is home...and we're purring for all those affected by the storm.

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, c'mon, Cleo...you don't see the buckets of love being poured out in that poem? It's a delightful poem, and although another kitty might be very similar to you in looks, there ain't NO WAY another kitty matches your purrsonality!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo.....we are happy dad got back safely; we imagine he saw lots he'd could have not ....it's very sad :(

on a happy note though, your doppelganger is gorgeous and frankly dad's poem is AWESOME ~~~~~ have a great week ahead ☺☺♥♥♥

hugs from dai$y and the boys =^..*= ♥♥

Annie Bear said...

Cleo, it's good news that your dad arrived back home safely. Is poem about you is wonderful!

You're like our Pierrot. No matter what's on the floor, he has to lie on it, even if it's an electrical cord, napkin, remote, anything!

Tamago said...

I'm glad you are all safe from the hurricane. And glad your dad came back safely. I hope those who are affected can go back to their normal lives as quickly as possible. The photo of your doppelganger is amazing!
Your dad is so sweet to leave a note for your mom :-)

Furries said...

Your Dad is a good poet.
And I think it was very helpful of you to help pack your Dad's clothes and hold down those papers for your Mom.

Darla M Sands said...

What a lovely couple you have for parents. ~grin~ Be well!