Sunday, July 9, 2017

Some Time to Myself and Big Steps in Getting Comfortable

It's confirmed.  Mom and dad are going away and leaving me all alone.  They had dad's co-worker stop by the other day to meet me and discuss my nutritional needs and what to do with my, umm, peeballs and pooplogs.
     Yeah, I've got to hand it to this guy, being willing to scoop my stuff and dispose of it out of the goodness of his heart.  He told mom and dad he's always loved cats, and if his wife wasn't allergic they'd have one of their own.
     So anyway, they're heading back east to camp for the week at Carolina Beach State Park.  You should see our place- mom's got stacks and piles of clothes, bedding, food and equipment all over.  Ever the organizer, she's been spending weeks planning everything, and they'll be loading the car tonight or tomorrow morning and heading out.
     I'd say I'll throw a party while they're away, but they're not too keen on anyone being here when they're not.  They'll be back before next weekend, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the peace and quiet.
  
     They've been struggling to get me to sit on their laps in their big special chair, especially when they're wearing shorts of any kind.  I only recently started to sit on mom's lap, and I try to keep the bulk (shut up, dad) of my body on the fabric of her shorts.  As for dad, well, I usually don't sit on his shorted lap, especially when he wears his sexy blue shiny slippery lounge shorts (yeah, he made me type that).
     Well, I don't know if it's because I'll miss them or what, but here's what transpired just the other night.  They were watching a movie, and I got up on the arm of the chair between them, and then stepped down onto his sexy blue shiny slippery lounge shorts (okay dad, just stop).  I settled myself right down across his lap and just enjoyed sprawling out in surprising comfort for the duration of the movie, even dozing a little.
How 'bout them hairy old man legs!
 This shot kinda gives you a good idea of my incredibly lovable size (nice try, dad), and an up-close eyeful of them damn sexy blue shiny slippery lounge shorts (once again, not me).
     What you don't see is his cleverly cropped out rubbery, sagging, deflated spare-tire-around-the-middle he hasn't been able to make disappear since losing a bunch of weight (gotcha, funny guy!)
    

14 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Congrats on giving the lap a go and enjoying that comfy! I hope the peeps have a fun time!!!

Mickey's Musings said...

We are happy to hear you got to meet your sitter.
Sounds like he will take good care of you :)
We do not like sitting on human skin either.
Mum has to wear something and usually it is capris :)
Julie is the only lap cat here.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

CATachresis said...

Hehe!!! You crack me up Cleo!!! I hope you won't be too lonely though! I could pop over for a ya know snuggle or sumfin!! Thanks for visiting! You can prolly see I am not blogging very much!! ❤️❤️❤️

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, I'm betting that you will be lap-cat when they come back, because you'll miss them!

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

MOL I are definitely a lap cat & very "fluffy" ;) I hope the parentals have fun on their trip and you aren't too lonely without them!!

xoxo,
Matilda (& Matt)

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like you'll be well taken care of while your humans are gone, Cleo. We don't blame you for not wanting to sit in laps...we're not much of lap cats either.

Summer said...

I hope your humans have an awesome time camping!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh you are too funny!!!! Those ARE sexy shorts!! And...just for the record, the humans are NEVER "too keen" on any kitty coming over for a house trashing pawty, that's what makes them so much fun! Love, Cody PS: hoping your humans have a great time camping! catchatwithcarenandcody

Tamago said...

Heh heh you cracked me up! Nice to see that sexy blue shiny slippery lounge shorts. They're even sexier with your furs on them!
I hope your pawrents will have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

That is great you are so settled in as to sit on their laps now. That's a great sign - especially on those blue shorts! Too funny.

Dad and Mom, have a great time this week and really enjoy your trip.

Cleo, get rested up and be peaceful knowing they are comin' back to their girl for more lap sitting.

Love,
Lily and Black T.

The Whiskeratti said...

Ohhh enjoy your time off from your hoomins. And remember, they never have to know about the pawties you throw when they are gone....

pilch92 said...

I hope they have fun. If you decide to have a party, let us know and all 13 of us will be there with catnip. :)

Ivan from WMD said...

It's great that you'll have such a nice caretaker while your mom and dad are off having tons of fun without you. Oh, and *we* know that certain camera angles make us look gigantic even when we're not, but you know humans. Can't train 'em, especially the oldies. ;-)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....safe travels two mom N dad N letz see if dad will wear thoz shorts round de camp groundz !! ☺☺☺ N joy gettin a way with EVEREE THING while de cat dood iz ther coz heez knot gonna noe whooz werd ta bee leeve; yurz ore therz !!! happee week a head ♥♥☺☺