Saturday, October 28, 2023

reNEWed HOPE (that we're done moving?) Part I

 Well, I think we've finally landed in our, uh, new home, though it took a lot out of us.

New Hope Visitor's Center 

We first hit the hip, artsy little borough of New Hope, PA back in I-don't-remember-exactly-when, settling temporarily in an Airbnb directly over Main Street.
Some of the marvelous architecture downtown

Now, mind you, everybody loves a party, lots of friends, abundant options for food and drink, and crowds of entitled pedestrians, but we aren't everybody.
Right across from where we stayed

New Hope certainly is quaint, and mom and dad love the ancient architecture all around this area, especially all the stone houses, but the downtown scene was not for us, especially since we typically like to sleep at night.
Apparently quite the popular spot in town

I know, I know, we're asking a lot, right? So we're just getting settled in our new place and learning our way around here. We're in a tight little development where, with one or two exceptions, it seems no one knows anyone, which suits us just fine. It's a fair bit different from where we were in Asheville, but it's home. Until this move, we'd never even heard of New Hope, but based on the roving downtown packs of pedestrians pretty much every day I'd say we're the exception.
Look real close. See him?

Lots of these guys spotted several times during our stay. Waiting to swoop down for some entitled roadkill perhaps?

Dad won't stop bitching about the speed limits in the negative numbers on these roads, and it seems everything's more expensive up here. Personally, I think dad's gotten a tad grouchier since turning another year older during the move. As always, me and mom just ignore him.

23 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

Smudge, we are so glad you finally landed somewhere! We will google New Hope and maybe Lynn and I can see more of the lovely looking buildings. But we will stay here and do it fur-om home as I would not want to travel. You are quite brave. Do we see an orange kitty in the right hand window? And we got the buzzards here, I see their shadows over me when I'm on the patio. They don't dare grab at me, I have my claws and teeth bared. But patio time is ending this week with the frigid temps coming in. Lynn says my onesie is not warm enough. Post more soon. We missed you all. Give Dad some Geritol fur his aches and pains and aging, mol.

Eastside Cats said...

Thanks for the update on your meanderings!
For this mere mortal, I hope to never move again, until they carry me out feet first.
Goodness help to poor sods who will have to toss out all of my sh*t.

Darla M Sands said...

I'm so glad to find an update. Your family has been in my thoughts since the last post. This architecture looks awesome. We aren't party people, either, so I understand. It looks like a kitty in the upper right window. Am I correct? Be well!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

little sister, i haz missed yoo! glad yoo finally landed. mumz cusin lives abowt and hour from there in allentown

Saku said...

Smudge, I feels your pain as the mom bean is busy packing up boxes and emptying drawers and cupboards and such. So far she's left my stuff alone but I fear it won't be long now (9 days to moving day).

She says I don't have to go as far as you and we won't have to stay somewhere, where napping is impossible. Good thing, cuz I need my regular naps.

Hope your new place is up to your kitty standards!

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW, y'all landed in Winter Wonderland just in time for some snow. But you were used to that in Asheville. I hope you don't move anytime soon!

The Island Cats said...

New Hope looks like a cute little town! Glad to hear you're all doing well there.

pilch92 said...

Nice to see a post from you. Looks like a beautiful place to live. Glad you are getting settled. Happy belated birthday to your dad. I hope we get to see photos of you in the next post Smudge. XO

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Smudge. Hooray! We're glad you're all moved. We really like New Hope, and are sending purrs for you, Mom and Dad to feel more and more settled in there. XO

Mickey's Musings said...

We have moved as well! From the city near the sea to the valley, about an hour away. There are 2 other cats where we live so it should be interesting!
Purrs, Julie

ZOOLATRY said...

Happy Landings, small towns, old architecture, "purrfect", truly hope that's what you'll find it all to be ... walkable, lovable, gentle. Good/great to hear from you. Surely Smudge is happy to have lots of now emptied boxes to play in.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It was certainly a long process, Smudge. We hope you'll be comfortable and happy in your new home, and look forward to returning to regular posts from you. We missed you!

Purrs,
The Chans

The J-Cats said...

We have moved ONCE in Our Lives and We hope neffur to have to do so again! Still, your mew home looks furry quaint and purrty.

My Mind's Eye said...

Hey Smudge...I agree I love the architecture too.
We used watch Stonehouse Revival renovations on the TVeee.
It took place all over Bucks Co.
I know you are all glad to be settled.
Hugs Cecilia

da tabbies o trout towne said...

smudge....de town lookz reel lee awesum N we iz glad ewe R settlin in.....MOOVIN iz like crazed.....we noe ~~~ we R knot much for nite time act shun either... sew we understand mom N dad....hope everee onez doin grate other wize...we opted two knot look at de buzzard on de pole ~~~~ !!!♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The architecture looks lovely. I hope your new home is nice and peaceful.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, New Hope? Our Dada says you have landed in Star Wars Episode IV!"
Lulu: "We have no idea what he is talking about, as usual. But it looks like a very nice town to us!"

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Wish you all the best of luck in your new home! I dread the thoughts of ever moving!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

That looks like a great place!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I was just thinking about you guys the other day!! Happy Belated birthday to Dad (I know he's born in October like me!). I had never heard of New Hope until now either. It DOES look like a quaint town, hopefully you will love it there!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We cant wait ta see where ya actually settled in!

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

I thought places like that only existed in the movies

Katie Isabella said...

Mom's Dad moved her and her brothers from our birthplace, Roanoke VA, to Lambertville, right across the river from you. Mom said she had to live there from 3rd grade thru to HS graduation. She walked over that bridge a billion times to New Jope...saw many many plays at the Play House...she blogged about it in her own blog last year, some of those plays and her all duded up.

How did you happen to go to New Hope?