Sunday, February 16, 2020

Early Morning Chin Scritches

I love chin scritches (most of the time), and here I'm enjoying some, squeezed in next to dad, my right ear against his, umm, convex breadbasket, shall we say?  Now and then I get annoyed with dad's various pawing, patting and petting and, well, this happens:

Bad girl, I know.  You humans know how, when you get annoyed or reach your limit with something, you act out.  Well this is how I acted out one morning recently.  Dad is making me say that he was only patting my head and back, and the wrist of his other hand just happened to be right under my chin.  Most of the time I'll gently do the bitey thing, with my teeth just touching his skin.  He goes all "Cleo, no!", which usually makes me pull away and bow my head in shame.  Well, this time, for whatever reason, my ears heard him but my mouth didn't obey my ears.  My top fangs gouged his wrist at the top, and my bottom ones dug in a little at the bottom.  I'd apologize, but I don't feel like it.

14 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

CLEO! but then, Momma said Admiral, also a Tortie had decorated her hand and arm with a few of those badges too and for the exact same reason.

I read what your dad said to Dad Pete about Angel Buddy Budd. My mom also. She was teary eyed and when she got to that last photo, she crumpled. We moms and dads all know how devastating it is.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Don't worry Cleo, sometimes the enjoyment of those chin scritches gets too much too handle. There is no need to apologise to your dad, tell him it was love bites. He should be thanking you!

The Whiskeratti said...

You have a good dad, he understands sometimes a cat has gotta cat. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

The Swiss Cats said...

Such things happen sometimes, Cleo, don't worry. Purrs

Furries said...

Ohh, ouchie. Sometimes I do my love bites a bit firmly, but I've never drawn blood. You have a great Dad for being so understanding.

The Island Cats said...

We're sure your dad isn't mad at you, Cleo. Sometimes us cats just can't control ourselves.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Ouchie happens sweet Cleo but remember to play nice, your Dad loves you.

pilch92 said...

You are too cute to stay mad at. XO

Summer said...

He must have pushed the invisible button lots of torties have! I know Binga had several.

Saku said...

Ouch! Sometimes it just happens...

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, Cleo. The PO'M bites me once in awhile...it's because I stopped petting him, and he wants me to continue!
Hope those scratches heal up.

Ivan from WMD said...

Uh oh, tortitude!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Cleo our Dad has many little scrapes and marks (from Rumpy Bump) but we mean well. He says "Life with cats is worth the odd nick and scratch for the oodles of love you get in return."
Yeah, he is no Mark Twain, but means well

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Cleo we are CERTAIN that was an accident, you would NEVER do that intentionally (would you???) :)