Monday, January 13, 2020

Poor Pretzel

For a senior lady I still enjoy some daily youthful, energetic play time.  I have my shoelaces, my 'nip pretzel and my new jingly balls, and mom and dad are pretty good about keeping me entertained. Though my 'nip pretzel has seen better days I still relish a round or two with it, especially when dad plays with me right before bedtime.  This is our nightly ritual, and when I don't get enough before hitting the hay I let him and mom know by dragging my shoelace around the apartment in my teeth, moaning and wailing until one or the other of them comes out from the bedroom to see what's wrong.  Of course, you know that I know that they know there's nothing wrong with me.  I usually only want a little more play time.  That's all.  Is that too much for a playful old gal to ask?  My pretzel has certainly seen better days, as you'll see in the last photo.  It's only a matter of time before it needs to be replaced.  Most of these photos could easily fall under "fails", but dad claims they're action shots.  Okay, dad.










This was when it was still new

This is how the poor thing looks now

17 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You certainly love your pretzel!
Eric was never much for toys, it used energy!
He had a rat that he loved though. He had it from a kitten and it's name changed to Scruffy Rat, then as time went on it changed again to Fred Bare. He had it all his life and when the time came, he took it to the Bridge with him.

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's so nice to see you having some big old pretzel time sweet Cleo!

Eastside Cats said...

It's a good thing that they have you, Cleo, to keep them in line! Playtime is impawtant, for you and for them...it keeps them young at heart.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh, and P.S. sorry the jigsaw was a b*tch! When I was a kid, my parents purchased jigsaw puzzles like Jackson Pollock painting (all paint squiggles) and one called Red Riding Hood's Hood...which was all red. Talk about hard puzzles! And, I still have those two jigsaws in a cabinets in a forgotten room in the house...ACTUAL jigsaw puzzles would be ruined by Da Boyz, so I'm stuck with online ones these days.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo, hay ewe gorgeouz !! ya knead a beer ta go long with that pretzel :) ♥♥☺☺

Saku said...

You are sure giving that pretzel what for Cleo! We're not much for playing, though Saku can get the zoomies.

pilch92 said...

SO nice to see you playing. Yes, that pretzel has seen a lot of play time. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog on the loss of Prancie. XO

My Mind's Eye said...

What Cleo you are surely one quick pawed lady!! Tell Dad I am impressed with his snapping finger speed
Hugs Cecilia

Furries said...

Those are great action shots! Yes, your pretzel has seen better days. Hopefully you're not tempted to eat that stringy stuff. Probably can't find that toy anymore so you can't get a replacement.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great action shots ! It looks like you gave your old pretzel another good workout ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

You gave that pretzel a workout, Cleo!

The Whiskeratti said...

Playtime is very impawtant!

Ivan from WMD said...

Well-loved toys are the best, Cleo! We have a few around here we won't let our mom retire to the toy museum.

Summer said...

Your pretzel has sure seen a lot of action!

Darla M Sands said...

Nice action shots! ~grin~ That toy is well loved, I'd say. Take care, gorgeous.

Timmy Tomcat said...

A worn toy shows the best fun a cat can have Cleo

Katie Isabella said...

Reminds me of my Donkey's shape that he's in.