Sunday, May 12, 2013

On Mothers and Sun

Well, things have finally brightened up around here.  Mom and dad actually got to the beach yesterday, and their moods have lifted dramatically.  For months they've been shells of themselves, going through the motions of daily life, puttering around the apartment like zombies on auto pilot.
     Okay, so maybe that's a little dramatic.  I'll try to tone it down.  They spent yesterday at the beach for the first time since forever, it seems.  Mom actually got a couple of days in the sun at the park this past week, but they spent the better part of yesterday at the beach, even though the morning started out a little overcast.
     For all her... mothering about dad not using sunscreen a certain someone got herself a little rosy glow just below her butt cheeks (dad made me put that in here).  Now, dad would ordinarily insert a photo here, but apparently we're not going to do that today.
     Oh, I almost forgot- Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers.  I'll have to remind mom and dad to call theirs.  If I knew my birth mom I'd give her a ring.  Dad must have several because I occasionally hear him referring to some people as mother-something-or-others.
     I guess they're thinking about the beach again today, but right now I think it's drizzling out.  If they've got such a jones for the beach and the weather doesn't work out maybe I'll suggest lounging in my litter box (after they scoop it, of course) under a really bright lamp
     Now there's a picture worth a thousand words...
      
     
       

7 comments:

Sushi said...

Hello orbit. Happy mom's day to your mommy. =)

Kitties Blue said...

Your humans are so lucky to be able to go to the beach. My mom is so jealous! What do you do while they are gone? Just nap on your pillow? Orbit, hope you're planning on giving your mom some cuddles and snuggles for Mom's Day.Purrs and hugs from the kitties at www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Sparkle said...

I often wonder how my mother is doing - her name was Tina Turner of Tajhara. I hear she is retired and living with a nice family!

Old Kitty said...

Lovely Orbit! Glad your mum and dad had a good time at the beach!! But yes, wearing sunscreen is so important!! Hope they get to go again soon!
:-)

Take care
x

Ann Boyajian said...

Haha, love your "beach" litter box suggestion!

Oui Oui said...

We hope your mom enjoyed her day, rosy cheeks and all. No photo was part of her present, right? Thanks for coming to my party, too!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We have had nothing but rain and gloom here and Dad was stumping about till today when it was nice. Come back Sun Puddles
Purrs