Friday, September 28, 2012

Have A Safe Trip, Big Guy

Well, the big day is here.  Dad leaves this morning for Minnesota to meet his first grandchild.  Baby Elijah was born in March, and dad can't wait to see him.  It's also been over two years since dad's seen his boys, and this weekend should be lots of fun for them.
     Mom will be here catering to my every whim, and dad's making me promise to stay out of the bedroom until at least seven while he's gone so she can catch up on some sleep.  I'm still doing what dad wrote about the other day.  Two days ago it was two a.m.  Yesterday it was three-something again.  This morning I decided to wait until four-ish. Whatever.  I've overheard them talking about closing their door at night, but that's been done before and all it did was make me claw at the bottom of the door and voice my annoyance even more. 
     Deal with it, mom and pop.  I run things around here, so get over it.  And dad, just so you know- whispering "Shhhh!" or "Be quiet!" means absolutely nothing to me.  All I hear is that buzzing noise that I know mom hears when you launch into one of your tedious, drawn-out technical explanations that she so loves.
     Anyway, have a safe trip, dad, say hi to the boys for me, and don't worry about me and mom.  We look forward to some peace will miss you, and will make the most of our quiet time can't wait til you get home!
    

6 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

We hope your dad has fun! Of course, we hope you have even MORE fun!

Closed doors never work. Screamoline cries and cries at my mom's door even though she's *never* been allowed to sleep in there at night (well, she *is* kinda dim). And "Shut up, Caroline" doesn't work, either. People just never learn! So what if you just slept all through the night as a special treat? They'll think they've won something.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

hoping your Dad has a safe and wonderful trip and that you and your Mom enjoy the PEACE AND QUIET MOL!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hope yur dad haza safe trip N enjoyz de peace N quiet frum de gran babee :) !! enjoy yur time with yur mom orbit; may bee ya can con her inta cookin sum trout; lotz N lots oh trout !!! haza awesum week oh end, peace out N rock on !

Old Kitty said...

Lovely Orbit!! You so rule and we hope mum and dad know by now! LOL!!

But seriously - safe trip for dad! Take care
x

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Stayin asleep late in the mornin is actally nice. We have learned to sleep until about 10 along with TBT.

Cherry City Kitties said...

Hey Orbit, you really tell it like it is! I guess that's the pleasure of bein' old and in charge!
Anyway, nice to meet you. Come visit us sometime... but only if you feel like it!
Harry, Dexter and Tipp