Saturday, August 31, 2024

Things and Stuff

 One of my newly revisited favorite lounge spots in our place is the low window sill up in the extra bedroom.


When we first moved here, I enjoyed watching the world go by from on high but lost interest when the plastic went up last winter. The sill is only a few inches off the floor and is nice and wide so I can sprawl out leisurely. Plus, I get to spy on all the activity outside.

As you can see, Miss Ellen's nip mat gets a good workout, too. In case some of you are wondering or don't remember from old posts many moons ago, the sarcophagus is the final resting place for Angels Isaac, Orbit, Cleopatra and wee Grayson.

Downstairs, the sliders offer a different view of the great outdoors.

Here's where I saw my little hippety hoppety friend a few posts ago, and where I'm often found sprawled out when dad wakes up at idiot o'clock when it's still dark out but my silhouette is highlighted by a neighbor's obnoxious 24/7 patio light.

So there you have it. I'll bet your day feels more complete now that your brain's filled with all this fascinating good-to-know stuff. See ya.

17 comments:

ZOOLATRY said...

Isn't it great to have so many special spots ... thanks for sharing all of yours!

Lynn and Precious said...

Just what we do not like here, neighbors that think they have to have all the lights on because they're scared of the dark. Kind of ruins it for the animals outside and for the kitty inside doing the watching. Thank goodness our backyard is really really dark and Precious is outside at 5:30 watching bats and moths. We are so glad you are comfy in your new house.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The sarcophagus is a lovely resting place for your Angels. That low window sill is ideal for watching everything that is going on. Behind the curtain is good too, but it is annoying having a neighbour who insists on keeping outside lights on. An air rifle with good sights and silencer comes to mind!

Eastside Cats said...

Smudge, we are all afire to know what you do, day in and day out!
A burning question: do you ekekekekek at the birdies outside?

My Mind's Eye said...

Smudge MOL MOL MOL my day is now complete and my brain has lots to contemplate.


Talk about obnoxious 24/7 lights across the street two homes have photo cell lights. Thankfully this time of year our maple helps cover those lights. But in the winter they shing right in all 3 of the bedroom windows. We have room darkening shades.
thank you for telling us about the sarcophagus where your angels resting. I must have missed that info several moons ago.
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

PS I love all your favorite places too
and tell da dad and da mom hellow
C

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure look wonderfully comfy on that nice mat! We have bright deck floodlights that are on all night, they keep the coyotes away.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

smudgie, yoo haz berry cool spots to hang owt at in your houze!!! we like dee sar-koff-a gus too!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

me brane iz all wayz happee two see yur gorgeouz self smudge N eye hope ewe all haza pawsum week oh end and dad friez up sum fresh catch on de grillz on monday πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜ΊπŸ’™πŸ’š‼️

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Those are some pawsome spots! And the sarcophagus is amazing!

The Chair Speaks said...

Hi Smudge, our human finds your belly fluff so very adorable! hugs!

messymimi said...

I think it's great you have places where you can watch the world go by.

Saku said...

It's always good to visit with you Smudge. You've got some great places to watch cat television!

Katie Isabella said...

Loving where the Angels rest and so glad of that. I have ours in our bedroom. XXOO So enjoyed seeing all your fave places. I have several mats from Miss Ellen that I use all of the time. And I like that expression Idiot o'clock! Know what you mean!

Sandee said...

It's good to have so many places you love to visit. Ellen always sends the very best things for kitties.

I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

Have a purrfect day and week. ♥

Darla M Sands said...

Awww............. Hugs, my dear.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

it most definitely IS "good to know stuff!" That's how we learn more about you!