Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Dark and Peaceful

As we've no doubt shown you ad nauseam, dad and I are morning people.  Dad usually slips out of bed without waking mom, the hissing and sputtering of his coffee maker rousing him only minutes before his alarm chimes.  Though I occasionally decide to stay all nice and cozy snuggled up with mom, I typically follow dad right out.  Once he pours his first mug of lifeblood, clicks on the solar light and settles his old-ish bones into the rocker it's usually only minutes before I'm right there with him.  
Two of dad's favorite things right here

14 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Apparently, you two have it made in the shade!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's a wonderful photo, very morning mysterious!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; we bee nite catz round heer tho thiz fotoz oh ewe N dad total lee rox !!!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Dad usually gets up a little later but today we were at our 630am time with a nice head rub. Then we had breakkie Yay

pilch92 said...

You are such a sweetie.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that's funny because Cody does the same thing with my husband in the morning :)

The Island Cats said...

That sounds like the purrfect morning routine, Cleo.

Ivan from WMD said...

Cleo, you are just a little love bug!

Summer said...

Cleo, my human probably goes to bed the same time yours is waking up - in fact, considering we are on Pacific Time, and you are on the East Coast, I am pretty sure of it!

Saku said...

Great way to start the day! We're our mom bean's alarm clock...Sasha likes to yell in her face, while Saku chases her toes. :p

My Mind's Eye said...

Now that is how a day should start...I am a coffee junkie too.
Love that photo Cleo it is magical
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

So precious. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a darling photo!!! But we are not morning people at all at our house.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a good way for you and your dad to start the day.
I have to admit though that I didn't know the morning started before 8.30 am.