Thursday, January 30, 2020

Yummy? For Who?

Bear with me as I do yet another non-me post about, you guessed it- food.  Not mine, of course.  You know, it's funny how the big guy thinks he can make art out of their food, but with the special kidney diet kibble krap I'm supposed to tolerate til the end of time there's only so much you can do with little brown pellets, you know what I'm saying?
Left- Dad's veggie omelet  Right- Mom's scrambled eggs and bagel buried under spinach and fresh diced veggies, both with a side of non-meat sausage

So I know we've shown you similar photos a time or two, but this was their breakfast one recent Saturday morning.  Dad enjoys cooking breakfast on weekends, when they most often have bagels and eggs in some form and with a varying assortment of accompaniments, and whole wheat blueberry pancakes on Sunday.  I know dad's looks like a face, but he swears he didn't do that intentionally (pssst- he's lying).  Dad likes his omelets with anything he can dig out of the fridge in them.  On this particular morning he folded in mushrooms, onions, fresh garlic, zucchini and avocado. Mom's got this thing about greens on her bagel, and you might as well say she's having a spinach salad with a bagel with cream cheese and scrambled eggs under it.  Anyway, there you go.  As he always occasionally does dad asked me what I thought of our post before publishing it.  All I can say is B-O-R-I-N-G.

15 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

The peeps here thinks the yummy looks darn good Cleo!

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Cleo! Around here, every morning is oatmeal, with added ground flax seed and bananas, with a dollop of raw almond butter. With a side of camomile tea. Da Boyz like to like out my bowl, but not The Hubby's, maybe because they don't like the walnuts that he adds to his bowl. Sometimes, instead of banana, it's mango, and man-oh-man, that's living the high life!
hehehehe!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Apart from the greens they both look tasty.
Your dad's wins for me though because I love omelettes.
I usually have them for breakfast when we are away, but at home it is fresh fruit and walnuts every morning.

Summer said...

My human is hungry now! She is actually planning on having a omelet for lunch.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I can tell Dad is a Libra. I am a Libra and I LOVE to cook and often photograph what I make. I especially like breakfast on the weekend too, (but for us, it's usually Sunday because I have Weight Watchers weigh in on Saturday mornings).........I just think weekend breakfasts are special and cozy! your breakfasts look delicious!

pilch92 said...

The dinner does look like a face :) I admire them for not eating meat. I tried, but only made it 10 months.

The Island Cats said...

The mom says that food looks yummy!

World of Animals, Inc said...

Cleo, thanks for sharing. These look so very delicious looking. Now, we are hungry for dinner now with our tummies growling. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
World of Animals

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....wearz de 5 gallonz oh maple syrup !! :) ☺☺♥♥

Katie Isabella said...

Cleo. My mom has a boring bowl of hot oatmeal 7 outta 10 mornings...with dried cherries and walnuts. And cinnamon, A LOT of cinnamon. She has eggs the rest of the mornings.
She is not a vegetarian, but her consumption of meat is so minimal she might as well just do it but she'll have a little milk each day in her smoothies. She'll have a hamburger occasionally, maybe 3 times a year. Chicken just as rarely and that's about it. She's not a greens fan btw. She's older than the nebulae now so I guess she's OK. She can have some of my kibble if she wants to. I seem to do well with it.

My Mind's Eye said...

Triple yummy you dad could/should open a Breakfast Bistro
Hugs Cecilia

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Looks super yummy to me!!!

Tamago said...

Oooh your pawrents’ breakfast looks so good! I’m craving some omelet for myself now :-)

Saku said...

The mom bean says it all looks yummy. Now if they put some cheese on the omelet we'd be waiting for a bite or two but no eggs pulleez.

Darla M Sands said...

You make me giggle, Cleo. And that bread you dad used to bake sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it on my blog. Be well, my dear.