Sunday, January 5, 2020

Reach Out and...

One of Cleo's most endearing traits is the way she places one of her paws on us while she's sitting with us.  She hasn't always done this, and I'm not sure when she started this habit, but it's just so adorable when she does it.  If this isn't "awww" inspiring I don't know what is.  Here's a gallery of these touching photos to start off the new year.





This last photo shows one of her favorite habits.  When we get into bed for the night or lounge on the bed, reading, we're not complete until she's atop one or the other of us.  Occasionally she'll be happy to curl up aside mom and once in a blue moon she'll nestle between us, but most often she's right at home like this.  Mom's is her preferred lap at night, though now and then she'll settle for dad's (honestly, it's pretty much only when mom wants to lay on her side that Cleo chooses dad's lap).  No, dad, honestly, I'm just more comfortable on mom's lap.  Get over it.  

19 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are sweet Cleo!
Flynn put his paw on my hand too. If I put my hand on his paw, he would take it right out and put his paw back on top.

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo my sweet precious furry friend. You have made my heart strings play such happiness today. What a absolutely adorable Cleo-trait!!!
Angel Madi was NOT, I repeat, NOT a lap cat. When she was just a kitten she would sleep on the bed some at night but early on she learned we were human earthquakes. Our first was always on us in same shape form or fashion.
Madi had her own drum beat.

Keep on being adorable.
Hugs Cecilia

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, you are as cute as cute can be, but we won’t tell anyone!
Just read your comment on my blog about work changes, and I get it! Life is too short to stay where you’re uncomfortable, unless you know it will lead you to your next step. I work for a huge corporation, and not one of us is safe from re-sizing at any time. After this recent boss issue, I’ll polish my cv and fish around.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is sweet, sweet, sweet and more sweet dear Cleo!

The Whiskeratti said...

That is very sweet. There's something so special about a cat reaching out to us.

pilch92 said...

Cleo is a sweetie and clearly loves you both.

Katie Isabella said...

Cleo, my mom just melts into a puddle when I place my hand on her. My paw I should say. I don't do it as often as you do so she really loves when I do

Mickey's Musings said...

Yes Cleo, cats like what they like!
Looks like a cozy family :)
Purrs,Georgia and Julie

Furries said...

That does bring out the awwwws. It's very sweet.

The Swiss Cats said...

Awwww, that's such a sweet habit, Cleo ! Purrs

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Cody does that touching thing too! I call it "holding hands"...

The Island Cats said...

That is very sweet. She just wants to feel close to you.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is SO adorable. A tortie's love is like no other.

Ivan from WMD said...

Our mom is all SQUEE! now, Cleo. You're too adorable for words!

Summer said...

That's very sweet. <3

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe cleo; knot onlee bee ya gorgeouz but theez fotoz total lee rox !! hope everee one hada grate holly day seezon N well come ta 2020 ;) ♥

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a sweet girl you are, Cleo!

Purrs,
Tama and Genji

Darla M Sands said...

Awww... Jezebel does this sometimes when we snuggle on the bed. Love it!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Those are marvelous Awww photos of Cleo. Timmy does the paw on me thing too and wants to cuddle against me at night and on the couch. Our furs really do add a sweet topping to everyday with them