Saturday, June 30, 2012

Is That Bursitis In Your Elbow Or Are You Just Happy To See Me

 Okay, so here's an interesting one.  I'll keep it brief because it's not about me.  The other day at work dad was just moving some boxes, getting ready to do some real work (so he says), when he noticed this growth that appeared out of nowhere protruding from his right
 elbow. After a brief freaking out and a flurry of phone calls and a drawn-out snooze session at the local urgent care it turned out to be bursitis, whatever the hell that is.  I heard him say it looks like  he has a testicle growing out of his elbow.  'course I 
wouldn't know anything about that since some-
one had mine removed many, many years ago!
     Anyway, he's supposed to keep it iced and elevated, and not use it too much (great- an excuse for him to not get anything done).  This is the weekend he's supposed to be building me my window perch, so we'll see how that goes.  Later at night on the day this thing appeared it came back, sprouting out of nowhere, so mom brought him to the emergency room, which gave them a glimpse of humanity at its... most peculiar.  Let's just say that a city emergency room late at night is a great place for some interesting character studies for future stories.


9 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

That looks bad, is it painful? If you have a family physician, please get another opinion. Get another opinion regardless. I have bursitis and it's an ache in the joint-bend area. I have never had a swelling. If that swelling came up over night practically I have to wonder what itis..bursitis just doesn't seem to be it. I know, I'm not a doctor...I just play one on TV.

Katie Isabella's mom

Katnip Lounge said...

We sure hope an alien doesn't pop outta there! Looks painful, PURRS!

Michelle said...

Hope it's not painful. I agree with Katie, you need a 2 second opinion.

~E said...

Oh my that looks really painful, hope you get taken care of. Orbit, take care of your dad!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Wow. That is just, awful. We second the second opinion.

Old Kitty said...

What the...?!?!!? What on God's green earth does your dad have there, lovely Orbit!??! Is he ok? What did the emergency docs say!?! Me and Charlie hope he's ok!!! Oh dear!

Yes, the emergency room late at night is truly a window to another world!!

Take care
x

Katie Isabella said...

Orbit..nag your dad to get another opinion. Please.

Daisy said...

I never knew bursitis could come on so suddenly! I hope your dad is okay. By the way, we have a window perch that is pre-fabricated. It is covered in a removable, washable fleece pad and has little legs to prop against the wall. You attach it to the sill with included screws or super-strong velcro strips. Maybe you could try something like that!

Unknown said...

How are you doing now? I hope you have gone over your bursitis. I had that one too (about 3 years ago). It was really bad and painful. I tried a lot of medications, but I didn't want to be a drug dependent so I tried medical science. I had stem cell therapy sessions with my orthopedic surgeon, Dr Grossman, and I could say that it was successful. Bursitis was gone and my elbow went back to normal. You may consider that one too if you're still experiencing joint pains. I wish you well. :)