Friday, July 19, 2024

Visitors and Visiting


 We don't get much company, but recently, a neighbor stopped by for a visit and got me chittering and running back and forth and back and forth from the sliders to the window over and over.


Regarding this next photo, I can hear mom saying how dad and I share the same shape: small in the legs & butt, and an all 'round muffin top.

 Anyway, oh, how I wanted to get out there and chomp on play with the little guy. He was checking out our patio and just kinda hanging around.

And then he came right up to the window to say hi or let me know he came in peace or wanted a carrot or something. I don't know. Anyway,


We stared each other down for a bit, then he scampered off towards the neighbor's patio and life went on. 
Oh, before I forget- we're taking a road trip. Dad's taking a week off and we're heading out to visit some grandkids somewhere about a thousand million billion miles away, so we won't be around much til sometime next whenever. See you then!

  



  

14 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

I am so glad you came over to my house before you took off for parts unknown! It was so good to see you and I'm glad you liked the cartoons. That last one gets me laughing every time! That laughing face of the ginger and his friend laid over on him guffawing...

Lynn and Precious said...

Smudge, we hope you have a good and safe trip. And let's hope that not everybody thinks they need to grab you and give you a pet and a hug if you're not interested. You know how we crazy humans are. We love every cat that we see.

Zoolatry said...

I'd have bit that big ear off that interloper, well, he'd never have made it up to the 16th floor, they can't hop that high, sigh, just another cat dream. Anywayz. Happy travels to you, s'pose you might get shut up in one of those carrier thingies, might not be much fun (as you can see I am a bit cranky today, sorry). Anywayz. Have fun, don't bite the visitors, they might not want you to come back. Save the biting for that bun bun. (written by JUNE)

My Mind's Eye said...

Smudge your Dad nearly made me fall out of my chair rolling giggling when he quoted mom on how you and dad has such amazing physical similarities. TOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny
Wascally Wabbit better be counting his lucky stars you only hunt in your mind's eye. Happy road trip. OMCs are you going too? Love x 100 the AI
Safe travels
Hugs Cecilia

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Have a safe and fun trip!

Eastside Cats said...

Smudge, we know that you'd have given that baby bunny the proper welcome if you'd been able to step outside.
Hope you all enjoy the trip.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

heerz two a safe journee anda awesum time smudge….when ewe get bak ..
de nayborhood hare
will haz eaten all de bushez πŸ’™πŸ˜ΊπŸ™€πŸŸ‼️

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh smudgie!! wat a cute bunny furrend!!! yoo no, we haz dee same figure. i haz a skinny booty and a round tummy area. dee mum laffz win i lead her into fill my crunchy bowl

Darla M Sands said...

What a cute visitor! And once again you cracked me up. I rather fit that description, too. lol Travel safe!

Saku said...

That dumb bunny was lucky there was a window between you. Otherwise you would have had it to, no for, lunch. MOL!

Enjoy your road trip. Sing the song of your people - your beans will love it, I'm sure!

meowmeowmans said...

That neighbor sure has some nerve coming right up to ya like that, Smudge. Lucky for him there was some glass between you. We hope you, Mom, and Dad have a wonderful trip. Be sure to meow and wave a paw if you pass by our house, okay? XO

The Island Cats said...

Smudge, I think that bunny was lucky there was glass between you and him (her?). Otherwise there woulda been trouble. I’ve been doing the same thing with the birds around here. ~the Murph

messymimi said...

It's nice to have visitors, a but of a distraction, you might say.

Bon Voyage!

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Smudge checking in to see how your vacation was...maybe you are still vacationing.
Hugs
Cecilia