Friday, February 23, 2024

Kitchen Floor Sessions

Cats and routines- we all have 'em, am I right? So as life goes on here I get into some habits with mom and dad. One of my more recent routines involves both of my humans, though it's become a favorite early morning pastime with dad.


I typically look for lovin' wherever I can find it, so when dad gets off his butt after reading in
my chair & guzzling his java, and starts his morning routine in the kitchen, I know I've got a captive audience.

I'll go into the kitchen meowing, where he's busy prepping his breakfast & lunch, and
 sprawl out right in the middle of the floor, looking up at him oh-so-longingly.

If he's running behind, he just steps over me, but I'm irresistible and I've got him trained so he always gets down on all fours, groaning all the way down (more so on the way back up), and gives me the scritches, pats and belly rubs I so crave until I've had my fill.

So you might be thinking, "Who puts carpet in a kitchen?". Well, based on what I'm tired of hearing
almost daily this winter, the porcelain tile-over-concrete-slab thing here feels like an ice skating rink. Yeah, there's socks & slippers, but I still hear about it. The rug's ugly, but it was free and my claws are loving it. Plus, I'm sure this tile will be nice in the summer. 

20 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It looks like you have your Dad well-trained, Smudge!

Purrs,
The Chans

Lynn and Precious said...

Smudge we agree that warm toes and warm paws take precedence over looks. Winter and cold floors can't go away soon enough. Precious also has her morning routine of getting her belly rubbed. Must be a girl kitty thing. But she won't allow it any other time of the day. Just me brushing her belly late in the afternoon. We are so glad that you have trained your new parents how to take life with a cat.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have both your parents well trained, Smudge. Scritches and belly rubs must come before anything else!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

smudge, hey ewe gorgeouz! ewe haz yur peepulz traned
well ‼️ ther bee three rugz on de kitshun floor heer
coz oh concreet, each oh them izza diffrunt shape
and color and style ….but ya noe whatz fun…when ya can
run at top speed and see if ya can crash de rug inta de wall
or de cab a netz‼️‼️‼️😺😺 givez it a tryπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸŸ

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "I have a routine too! All morning long I sit on Dada's lap while he's working on his Mac! But not when he turns around and works on his Windows computer. I'm very particular about my operating systems."

Gidget Blue Sky said...

smudgie, dee mum sez she can relate to dee bending down and back up issues and dee need fur dee carpet on dee cold floorz. dee mum haz a hard time bending down to rub my belly

My Mind's Eye said...

Smudge you are one lucky x 100 Princess...OMCs you have such a loving and thoughtful staff and I bet dollars to donuts come summer they will store the rug so that your undercarriage can receive proper cooling.
Your furs are so lush and gawgeous
Hugs Cecilia

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

The rug is just for you because it looks so comfy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh sweet Smudge, that is such a wonderful way to start any day!

pilch92 said...

Nice to see you. Maybe you could get on a chair so your dad doesn't have to get on the floor- I so know the pain of trying to get back up. :)

Eastside Cats said...

Nice work at snoopervising the morning routine, Smudge.

Veronica Lee said...

Smudge, you've got your dad wrapped around your little paw! It's heartwarming to hear about your cozy morning routine. Your dedication to ensuring warm toes (and paws) is truly admirable. Here's to more belly rubs and scritches for you! 🐾

CCL Wendy said...

Wow, Smudge, you are purrfectly coordinated with your house. Grey on grey in various textures. Of course you are the plushest.
It's fantastic how well you trained your peeps. Kudos, kid.

Sandee said...

You've got your dad trained very well and I laughed out loud with him getting down and then back up. I have those same sound effects.

Have a purrfect weekend. My best to your peeps. ♥

Saku said...

The rug makes a purrfect spot for lounging too. Good work on training the bean!

The J-Cats said...

We agree, rugs are great, whereffur they may me. Ours mostly double as Flying Carpets (mol).

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

It does not take a cat long to learn how to get what it wants!

Darla M Sands said...

You make that rug look beautiful. :D Nice job training your humans, my dear. Thanks for the giggles.

Katie Isabella said...

Smudge they HAVE to make it tenable for YOU.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I see nothing wrong with a rug in the kitchen if it's washable!