Friday, July 27, 2018

Staycation


     Last week mom and dad were on vacation.  They decided this time around to stick close to home and do a bunch of stuff nearby that they've talked about doing but hadn't gotten around to.  As much as they wanted to keep active it was also about relaxing and trying to catch up on some rest, which I'm always for.
     Their week included sleeping in, something dad's not real good at, hiking and lots of walking, catching up on reading, taking in a movie (they said you've gotta see Hereditary) and stopping to take a few deep breaths.
     They made sure to quench their thirst with, among other things, a seasonal on-tap favorite Blue Ridge Blueberry Wheat (a little lighter, very refreshing and not overly fruity) during a stop at Top of the Hill in downtown Chapel Hill, which called for an approximately 8- to 9-mile walk altogether so there was no driving, you know, just in case.
     The week was mostly all about relaxing, taking it easy and making it as stress-free as possible. My personal favorite part was just having both of them around more often than usual, and I was not disappointed.
What's not to love about sleeping in?
I was in heaven all week!
Yup, this sums up oh, say, half the week or so?
Mom noticed this hitchhiker on dad's backpack during a hike along the Eno River. 
Spending an afternoon at The North Carolina Botanical Gardens included sights like this little critter...


...and lots of these.
Mom and dad came upon this guy hanging out about shoulder-height along a trail in the woods.


These Venus Fly Traps were also found at the NC Botanical Gardens.

Are these things not amazing? And can you believe dad's phone took this?

     Sadly, dad had to get back to work and back to his old grumbly, bitchy self.  I loved having both of them around all week, but all good things must come to an end.  The weather ended up pretty much perfect all week. They got in some exercise, I got lots of attention, and I think the relaxation, though short-lived, was beneficial.




19 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad you all had a grand time and the photos were all wonderful Cleo!

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now a staycation is the best...they had their own bed and they didn't have to leave you alllllll alone.
Looks like they did some fun things and really some relaxing too
Hugs madi and mom

The Swiss Cats said...

We're glad you had great time and enjoyed your staycation with your two humans ! Purrs

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Cleo...you had it all for a week! The idea of sitting down and reading appeals, but odds are we have some housework to do this weekend, because I want my bathtub back!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Vacations and staycations are wonderful things for us and our peeps for sure! Petcretary is looking forward to one in a couple of weeks!

You are a pretty torti, Cleo!
Thanks for coming by to our blog, too.
MIAOW!!

Summer said...

Sounds like a nice staycation!

Ivan from WMD said...

Sounds like you all had a nice relaxing time, Cleo! We liked the nature pictures a lot but like seeing you better!

pilch92 said...

Great photos except for the snake- eeks! I am glad you got lots of cuddle time.

Sandee said...

Loved all the photographs except for the snake. Not a fan of snakes.

Thank you for stopping by Comedy Plus and commenting on Feline Friday. I linked this post to Feline Friday as you sure quality, Cleo.

Have a purrfect weekend. My best to your peeps. ♥

Furries said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful vacation. Seeing all the critters must have been fun for your Mom & Dad, and having extra time with them was great for you. Even though my folks work only 4 days per week, I wish they could stay home more.

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like you all had a great week. Staycations are the best.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Sounds like all three of you had a great week.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like you all had an amazing vacation! It's so sad when they have to end :(

The Whiskeratti said...

A good family time is very impawtant.

Darla M Sands said...

I'd like to visit those gardens. In fact, I'd prefer to live in North Carolina, closer to the coast. We'll be heading that way later this fall. So glad your humans got to enjoy some time together and with you. Great photos!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Staycations are the best!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Glad you had a nice time!

That snake freaked my mum out a bit though.

Purrs xx
Athena

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....staycations are just as great because one can do what one wants without not so much "schdule worry"....please tell your mom and dad they captured some really nice snapshots but I do have to admit when I saw the snake I screamed like a tiny kitten and had to shut my eyes and have the boys read the rest oh this post to me ~~~~~~~ indeed ~~~~~~~~~~ hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥

Angie said...

You have made me miss my kitties terribly (we have been away from home a week and a half) and I feel very guilty about leaving them. I am sure we will 'hear' all about it when we return in another week or so … Thanks for sharing the lovely photos of the staycation (with the exception of the snake!)