Saturday, December 2, 2017

Happy Every Day to Me

This is how Thanksgiving was here.  The food- sure, it was good (well for mom and dad, anyway).  The parade- eh, not my thing.  It's a Wonderful Life- didn't quite catch what was going on, and didn't much care anyway.
 Mom, a Mimosa and Me

     The mimosas- whatever.  Mom's fantastic peanut butter cookies- gone.  The 8 pound turkey breast they roasted was reduced to a couple of leftover meals and a pot of stock.  I was hoping to get a crack at that carcass at some point, but woe is me, it was not to be (damn these 13 year old kidneys).  Homemade turkey vegetable soup's on the menu one of these nights, I hear.  All that mattered to me was that I got to relax.  Pretty much like every other day.  I guess every day is a holiday for me.  I suppose I'm thankful for that.
Me, Me and Me

17 comments:

Summer said...

That's the great thing about being a kitty - every day is a holiday! At least for most kitties - I actually have to work.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. It's a pity you couldn't have any turkey, but maybe you will get a taste of the soup.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

sounds like everything was delicious!! catchatwithcarenandcody

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like you had the purrfect Thanksgiving...well, 'cept for not getting any turkey.

pilch92 said...

You are a cutie. I am glad you and your folks had a nice Thanksgiving!

The Whiskeratti said...

Hey, we have something in common.... We are both 13 here too.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Cleo. Thanks for leaving the nice comment on our blog! Let's hope the festive season brings us some yummy treats (the kind we can eat!).

Purrs,
The Chans

Annie Bear said...

Hi, Cleo! It's really nice to meet you! I must say that I like your style. It sounds like you had a perfect Thanksgiving.

Catio Tales said...

Oh Cleo, you demand salt free turkey next time! And why wait for the next Thanksgiving ? Turkey everyday we say.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like a purrfect way to spend Thanksgiving to me! I love your thoughts on It's a Wonderful Life MOL

Eastside Cats said...

Thanksgiving is so human, isn't it Cleo? Cats would do holidays TOTALLY different!

Noodle Cat said...

We are glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving!
Have a wonderful Sunday too...

Noodle and crew

Ivan from WMD said...

Well, of course every day is a holiday for us cats! And yet--we didn't get any turkey either. :-(

Brian's Home Blog said...

We didn't want any turkey either, just snuggle time and the fireplace!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....bee sayin thanx ta all de codz in de skiez N seaz that ya did KNOT hafta eat any bass terd turkee.......troo lee ~~~~ ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Katie Isabella said...

You remind mommy of her Admiral Hestorb (actually Lady Bianca) whose blog I took over when I came to live with her 6 years ago. She was an elegant opinionated Torie girl too. XXX

Timmy Tomcat said...

We \are a little late Cleo but it sounds sooooo good