Sunday, May 21, 2017

Grooming

First off, I don't have fleas or lice.  Mom bought a "normal" cat brush, but it didn't quite do the trick.  Actually, it seemed kinda useless.  

     This thing really does the trick, and it feels good, too.  With the warmer weather I shed a lot, as most of us do.  Mom and dad are always saying stupid things joking around about how they could build another one of me out of the fur they pull from my coat.  I'm up for another session today most likely, as they try to comb me at least once a week. 
I'm starting to really look forward to it.  Can you tell I'm enjoying this?  As I think I mentioned before dad went away mom got a little rough (unintentionally, I know) the first time she tried combing me, and she still has the scars (sorry, mom).  They think they're being smart.  They try to "distract" me by one or the other of them petting me, and scritching my head and nose (which I absolutely love). 
 
     The other will begin combing me, starting with my back and gently gliding the comb downward and raking out wads of my fur.  Apparently I also have litterbox issues wherein I fling the stuff around so violently I end up wearing it like a buried coat of dandruff. 
     Sure, I'm a little larger than average, and they bought the biggest domed box they could find, but I can't help it.  They're always making fun of me because I claw and scratch at the sides of the damned thing, trying to bury my peeballs and pooplogs.  Not sure why I do that.  But I'm getting off topic here.  Anyway, I'm loving the attention and the feel of the comb. 
Ahh, Feels Good...

     

10 comments:

pilch92 said...

I use a flea comb like that to get rid of Sammy's dandruff on his back. :)

Ivan from WMD said...

We have a flea comb we really like too, Cleo. We don't have fleas, but it sure does get the old fur gone! Our mom also says the same thing about the amount of fur she gets from us. And about that litter thing? Our old bro William was famous from being covered in the stuff. Of course, he'd blame it on static electricity, but we knew it was because he always tried to burrow to China.

Eastside Cats said...

We purchased large pans used to mix concrete in, from the hardware store. Chucky is such a long cat, that three-foot long pans work great! Maybe your peeps need to up-size for you!

Summer said...

It's pretty awesome when the humans figure out the right way to comb us kitties!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That comb looks purrfect and we love your happy smile!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hay ewe gorgeouz....eye could fling what ever waz in de box kleer two de next blok.....now eye use a "corner" box; de sidez R way high but it haza eazee in//out front....ask yur dad N mom ta chek in two one if they getz a chance !! ♥♥ happee week a head N heerz two perch a plentee ~~~~~~~

da tabbies o trout towne said...

pee.ezz..chex yur emailz....wood ya wanna bee a ree croot !! ☺☺♥♥

Timmy Tomcat said...

We use a big 142 quart container for our litter. It is big enough for Buddy and us. We like those little combs Cleo. Purrs

The Whiskeratti said...

We are glad that comb is working for you.

Tamago said...

My boys love combs sometimes but don't like it other times. It really depends on their mood :-) Love your happy face! I think it would be fun if your pawrents build another one of you from loose fur :-)