Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hell, Old, blah blah blah Continued...

Well, the perch came down.  Dad got home yesterday and mom told him I'd tried several times to climb it, even though they'd blocked off the bottom step.  I managed to get up it at one point, and ended up falling off the perch, which pretty much put an end to that.
     I don't do so well as far as landing on all fours anymore.  The perch steps are laying over in the corner right now, and dad decided to use the actual perch for a raised step in front of my litter box since I've been having difficulty getting into it and back out.
     They slept on the futon mattress on the floor again, and, though dad slept a little better I must've kept mom up because when dad woke up around four she had gone back into the bedroom.

     Dad called the doctor yesterday, and they said sure, they could do the whole admitting/IV/meds thing all over again, but they could not promise any better or different results.  This is how it goes with wrinkly old unreliable kidneys.  My labs weren't all too positive when they released me last time, though I think everyone was hopeful. 
      They said we could continue the subcutaneous fluids three times a week and maybe even up it to every other day, and at this point anything I'll eat is fine (I got to enjoy real tuna last night!).
     I swear, between the sudden sadness and sniffling around here and all this "just make him comfortable" talk- where the hell do they think I'm going?!
      
    

8 comments:

Catio Tales said...

Real tuna - good for you dude. Is there any turkey left over ? That tastes good but perhaps needs a bit more fat. How about duck ? Something juicy and moist. Oooh - I'm salivating. Shame all I get is tinned muck.
Keep on going dude.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh pal, I wish there was something magical I could send to help you feel better. I do send all our love and gentle hugs.

Marg said...

Well, we sure send you tons of purrs and good thoughts that you will get just a little better. That darn kidney stuff is really hard. Glad you have such good peeps to help you. Take good care.

Ivan from WMD said...

I'm with Brian, bud. But you know what happens when our dads or moms post, everybody's tail gets in a puff.

My old sis Sophie had kidneys the size of lima beans, and only one was functioning. That poor girl endured subq's and icky meds every day, plus a shot twice a week. Not to mention all the vet visits. It's emotionally tough on the humans, too, so I guess we just need to cut them some slack.

Have you been able to get some baby food yet? I'd get right on demanding that.

Summer said...

I am sending lots of purrs to you and your family, Orbit. It's not easy keeping an elderly kitty with kidney issues comfortable.

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Orbit, real tuna? That's pawsome! We continue to send you some purrs so that you continue to feel okay.

Katnip Lounge said...

Orbit, we imagine you'll get an entire salmon tonight...we can dream, right?

We're purring for you, buddy.

Eastside Cats said...

Orbit, William's suggestion of baby food sounds promising! Eat up, fella, and purrs to you and your humans who are sniffling. They simply love you, and you can understand that, even with wrinkly kidneys...