Saturday, June 10, 2023

Snoozefest

No, that post title doesn't mean this is about almost every time dad tries explaining something work-related to mom. I'm sure some of you can relate, no?

 Anyway, We felines sleep. It's what we do, right? I mean, if we're not eating, pooping, batting around a shoelace or crocheted egg or staring at some unseen (to humans) thing up high on a wall, we're sleeping. It's the very reason God put us on this planet. So why dad thought sleeping would make for an interesting post is quite beyond me. I mean, I know I'm cute when I curl up like a shrimp, or twist like a pretzel and stretch, but it's just sleeping. It's how we spend about 75% of our lives. 

Okay Smudge, you're starting to drift here. Let's get back to the point.

You're the one controlling the keyboard, dad. 

Whatever. So while poring over my "Smudge" photo folder I'm reminded that so many photos I've snapped in Smudge's short time with us are of her in various sleeping positions. 

And your point is?

Okay, okay. I know every cat person in the world is more than familiar with cats and sleep. I simply wanted to share some snapshots of you because I think there's nothing more adorable than a sleeping cat. 

Don't you mean "a sleeping Smudge"? And now you're starting to drift here.

Right. Sorry, My bad. Anyway, at the risk of losing readers, I'll just get on with it and simply share some of my favorite photos of our little princess doing what she does best. 





And finally, one of my favorites. I have a thing for classy black & white photos.
Even though earlier photos we've shared were of Smudge on our chair's footrest, this has more recently become one of her favorite spots, and she now voluntarily hops up on it to curl up at my feet. Smudge's mom and I feel she's finally starting to settle and develop some routines and favorites all 'round. We've even woken on some nights to find her sleeping at the foot of the bed!


 

17 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

To the hooman dad and mom, congrats you are finally passing some kind of kitty test fur bedtime sleeping. And Smudge, evidently your years of purrfecting sleep patterns are of very good interest to your hoomans. Keep showing them the tummy up position. It is very furry purrty. Precious

Zoolatry said...

Sleeping kitties, and Sleeping Smudge: purr-fect. We, too, love the black and white of her ...

Gidget Blue Sky said...

so sweet smudgy

pilch92 said...

You are a sleeping beauty Smudge. XO

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

How can they resist taking photos of you sleeping when you look so cute doing it.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

All the photos are lovely, Smudge, but our favourite is the second one. Are you sleeping on your Dad?

Purrs,
The Chans

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's nice to see that you've settled in so nicely sweet Smudge and sleeping is pretty important to all of us here too!

meowmeowmans said...

We're all about the snooze here, too, Smudge! You take your time, sweet girl. It took Ava quite some time to sleep on the bed with us, and now -- like clockwork -- she's waiting there for us to turn in for the night. XO

Katie Isabella said...

Oh my goodness, my mom said she gets to sleep faster and better when I get up on the bed with her. She waits.

The J-Cats said...

Smudge, you have some excellent snoozing pawsitions. Keep up the Good Work!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "The perfect position for getting belly rubs, if you are into that. Which I am."
Chaplin: "Or chin skritches!"
Oona: "Or to lure in the human's hand so you can grab it and bite it and bunny-kick it."
Charlee: "Really, Oona, how often do you think Mama and Dada are going to fall for that trick?"
Oona: "EVERY! SINGLE! TIME!"

My Mind's Eye said...

Smudge it is my humble OPINION when you do something well!!! You should keep doing it. NO need to mess with purrfection
Hugs cecilia

Greg_1948 in_WA said...

Action photo shots are hard to get so I think many my photos are like Smudge's today.

Saku said...

We kitties could teach the beans a thing or two about napping. We're also wayyyyy more flexible too. Enjoy your nap Smudge!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

she is pawsitively adorable!!!!! I just love her to pieces!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

smudge:

sneekin a round on free WI FI

noe data time two waste

sew thought we'd wave & say HI

with help frum coppee N paste ♥

Darla M Sands said...

This makes me so happy. :D Best wishes, my dears.