Tuesday, December 10, 2019

And Still More Dad Lap

I know Cleo and I have posted- probably more times than you'd care to see- pictures of her and I sitting together during our quiet early morning reading/laptop time, but this has become such a routine for us (except for when she prefers to stay snuggled in the warmth of her sleeping mom's lap as is the case at this very moment) that I can't imagine not having her snuggled into the space between my left hip and the arm of the chair.  Cat people and their cats do, in spite of what some say, develop habits like this, and in my mind this is one of many rewards reaped from being a cat lover. 
It's one thing that she enjoys sitting with me and watching the screen, or simply snoozing away, not a care in the world, but when that furry little face tilts up and stares at me (she does the same with mom) it just tugs at these old heartstrings. 
As I finish up this post our dear girl is sauntering out from the bedroom for her morning sip, nibble & pee, so I'll just hit "save" and slide over to the right in anticipation of her little stare from the floor in front of me, paws up on the seat cushion as if to say "Good morning, dad.  Here I come.  Move over."

16 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo we will never getz tired oh see in yur gorgeouz self ...sew post a way...with mom, dad or yur own self self !! ☺☺♥♥

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Love it when they get a habit of snuggling!

Eastside Cats said...

Oh Lawd...she comin'!
Cleo: "Shove over, dad!"

Darla M Sands said...

So sweet. We still miss our Tilly. ~sigh~ The night before she passed away in her sleep, she *ran* to get on 'daddy's' lap and snuggled with me for hours that morning.

Summer said...

My human wishes we had a routine like this! I'm more likely to jump on the chair, with my front paws on the armrest, or lie behind her, where she can't even interact with me.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

The last photo is beyond sweet. The snuggles and cuddles are what I miss the most.

The Island Cats said...

Cleo looks pretty content there on your lap.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That lap happy is just the super best sweet Cleo!

Ivan from WMD said...

Aw, that is so sweet!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I never tire of seeing these kinds of photos and you are sooo right! Cody and I have the same nightly ritual. A difference is he sits on the arm of the couch where I sit and has to put his smelly ass on my arm. If I try to move my arm so his ass isn't on it, he puts it right back on me. lol. Gotta love it!

Saku said...

Cleo, you're such a good kitty to allow the dad bean to share your chair! Sasha used to sit 'side our mom bean that way but these days he purfers to curl up on the couch. We kitties sometimes change habits too...gotta keep the beans guessing!

Furries said...

Lap snuggles are precious.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo, we came bak ta say we wood like ta wish ewe all a merree christmas and a soooper grate 2020; we R offline til then ~~~~~~ ♥♥☺☺

My Mind's Eye said...

Dad and Cleo
I feel sorry for folks who have never experienced the love and devotion of a feline....so many say they are aloof...they are not...they know who loves them and who doesn't and they act accordingly.
Well except for Milky-Way our first cat. He was determined to win my mom over to the dark side. He would stand at her feet staring until she was hypnotized by his eyes. She finally patted her lap an up he went. They were fast friends from that day forward and he paved the way to her heart for Madi too.
Hugs Cecilia

The Whiskeratti said...

These are precious moments. Cherish them.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We really enjoy seeing Cleo with Dad every single time. You two are so cute and it is nice seeing a gal with her Dad like we have here at our house