Thursday, October 31, 2019

Trick or Treat or Not

Each year for the past however many years mom and dad would buy a bag of treats, have maybe a visiting goblin or two or none, and devour the candy themselves afterwards.  Candy- especially chocolate- is a downfall for both of them, and as much as they love it they chide themselves after eating it.  So this year they've decided not to get any treats.  We live at a large property as we have in the past, but I guess they're expecting no visitors.  Dad has been known to scare kids unintentionally and otherwise, and admits to being mean to his siblings growing up, scaring them just because he could.  Here's an awesome Halloween decoration he found and photographed in a store recently, something he says he'd loved to have had in his youth to disturb the sleep of his brothers & sisters and frighten the neighboring kids.  He's really such a nice, sweet gentle guy (is that good enough, dad?), so we're not sure of the root of his mild sadomasochistic penchant.
Here Bunny Bunny
So whatever you end up doing for tricks or treats-



11 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

We all have our fortes!
It's pouring rain and is supposed to rain all day, and all night around here. Poor kids!
Happy Halloween!

Summer said...

My human is not a fan of supermarket type candy, and she doesn't like Halloween visitors. She is kind of a Halloween Scrooge, MOL!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Happy Halloween!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We're sure not fans of the doorbell ringing but it's pouring buckets here so maybe it won't ring much. Happy Halloween from all of us Cleo!

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

At 87, my mom still makes homemade caramel corn and handed it out to 45 kids last night (she lives in Des Moines, IA, and Beggar's Night has always been a day early--even when I was a kid!).

pilch92 said...

Happy Halloween!

Ivan from WMD said...

Our mom didn't get any candy this year either--she's always gotten some knowing *full well* there would be no trick-or-treaters!

Hope you get treats anyway, Cleo!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....howl o ween getted can celled heer....coz it rained and snowed ....pee ezz...that rabbit IZ freekee....just sayin ~~~~ :) ☺☺♥♥

Furries said...

I was locked in the bedroom side of the house, and let them know how much that displeased me. Thankfully it was only for a couple hours.

Darla M Sands said...

Trick-or-treat is a thing of the past around here. I used to enjoy scaring kids, too, one time going so far as to create a haunted garage that took an entire day to set up. :) Happy belated Halloween!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am so happy I held onto this to read now. You are hilarious! My ex husband used to LOVE scaring me on Halloween (he had a fake bloody arm he would put in the fridge) worked every time and no that isn't why we got divorced lol. Where my current husband and I live we get no trick or treaters (which makes me sad), but it keeps me from eating candy that I definitely do NOT need to eat!