Saturday, February 16, 2019

Kind of Expanding on the Last Post's Theme




     Dad just returned from his employer's annual 3 day "leadership conference", which took place in Orlando this year.  I use quotes because he usually returns three to four pounds heavier than when he left, and I have a sneaking suspicion it's not just from sitting in workshops the whole time (gotcha, dad).  I'm sure there's a lot of work that gets done, but, well, come on.

     Anyway, When mom pulled out dad's luggage to start packing and set it on the bed I was instantly drawn to it.  Almost immediately I sniffed it, and then placed my plump derriere (gotcha back, girlie) right on top of it.  Was I going to miss him?  Did I not want dad to leave?  Neither are very likely.  I simply decided that this was a new place for me to plant myself for a snooze.

     Dad says it was 3 days packed with lots of information and learning.  I say mom's going to see to it that dad drops the extra weight real quick all this "information and learning" added to his aging frame (gotcha again big guy).

     This last photo was from a previous trip dad took, when he only took his duffle bag.  Ever the curious one and always on the lookout for a new place to snooze I curled right up on his clothes in the bag.

8 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

It is always best when the homecoming happens!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Any bag or suitcase is fair game.

Summer said...

Travel bags are awesome places for a snooze! When I travel with my human, I sleep on hers in the hotel room sometimes. If she leaves it open, I rifle through it for treats and toys.

Eastside Cats said...

Oh Cleo! Your dad would so much rather have you with him when he travels, but what would you do for three days in a hotel room? Best that you stay home, to ignore him grandly when he walks back in the door!

pilch92 said...

I hope your Dad brought you a present.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am reading these out of order because I am behind on reading email but I sooo "get" those business trips where you "learn" a lot!! lol!

Ivan from WMD said...

We think it's cat law to snooze on or in suitcases!

Darla M Sands said...

I don't miss the few business trips forced upon me. ~grin~ But I so wanted to go with my last employers to Japan! No such luck. Oh, well. Take care!