Thursday, October 25, 2018

Early Early Early

     Bear with me as I subconsciously direct dad on this post.  Mom and dad each have their own sleeping issues.  Dad's body wakes up ridiculously early every day because, well, just because.  Once his mind starts running around like a chicken with its head cut off there's no hope of returning to sleep.
     Mom often has trouble sleeping because her mind never stops.  And she likes her Diet Coke.  Plus she likes her Diet Coke.  Oh, and have I mentioned that she likes her Diet Coke?  If she drinks it too late in the evening it disturbs her sleep pattern.  This is the case today.
     So dad's body woke his mind up just before 3:30 this morning, when he stirred and found the bed empty.  Hearing the whispering of some program or other he went out to the living room and found mom (with me on her lap, of course) sitting in the lounger, wide awake.
     Flash forward about 10 minutes (after dad bypassed the preset 4:20 brew start on his coffee maker) and here we are, all snuggled together.  Mom can usually drift right off to sleep if she tries reading with her head on dad's lap while he sits with his coffee and whatever novel he's currently reading.  
     Though my favorite spot is down at the foot of the bed, this morning I felt the need to be just a little closer.
Yup, mom's finally asleep

     You know the cooler weather is upon us because mom recently dug out the afghan  (which I love)she keeps on the bed during the winter months.  Gonna be a long day...

14 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We get it, our Dad wakes up early too. Hey, we're enjoying Snuggle Season here too!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, it's time that you taught your peeps how to sleep like a cat!

Tamago said...

Sorry your pawrents have trouble sleeping. I have other issue, which is that I sleep too much. It's so sweet all of you ended up snuggling together :-)

The Swiss Cats said...

Our mom wakes up early too, while dad keeps sleeping for one or two hours more. Purrs

Summer said...

My human sleeps in late and does not snuggle. I think you have the better deal!

Furries said...

Sounds like a wonderful snuggle session, even if it was Very early in the morning.

pilch92 said...

That is a sweet photo. I have trouble sleeping too because I drink coffee all day like your mom drinks diet coke. I take a melatonin supplement sometimes and it helps.

Annie Bear said...

That picture looks like bliss!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

you and my Dad would get along well! I wake him up every single day at 3:30am to feed me, then he gets dressed to substitute teach. Mom doesn't drink Diet coke but she is a coffee freak and often drinks it at 11pm! Crazy! Love, Cody

Jans Funny Farm said...

Wow, your folks do get up EARLY! Is that even legal? Humans are supposed to stay in bed until their furry decides it's time to get up to feed the furry. Your folks are cheating you of immense pleasure in waking them in the middle of the night for a snack.

My Mind's Eye said...

Cleo I wish I could tell your mom and dad sleeping issues will get better with age...because that is what I was told...BUT they do not. If my mind gets in overdrive nothing will clear it. I was sure when I retired it would help but nope still does as soon as my head hits the pillow.
I bet your purring helped lull mom to sleep
Hugs Cecilia

Darla M Sands said...

What a precious family! This made me smile.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo; humans dont sleep here either; they blame it on age; I blame it on you better get with the program, program, because this girl Dai$y needs her 22 hours of uninterrupted shut eye !! stay FABulous and gorgeous ~~~~ =^..*= ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Well that look pretty darn cozy to us! Lots of love at your house :)