Sunday, January 21, 2018

From Bag Lady to Blind Lady

Yeah, it's been a while again.  Dad's having a tough time at work, going in way too early and being exhausted some days (translated: he's getting old).  He/we can't seem to find the time for this.
     Anyway, the aching old one removed my perch some time ago before we got these deep chill days because the windows here suck, to be blunt.  He put plastic over the windows, and my perch was in the way of making a good, tight seal, so down it came.
One Lump...

     I'm not too happy about it, and often can be found sitting on the floor beneath the window staring up at where the perch usually is.  
     Not long before he did this cruel thing to me I was having no part of their wait-until-we-put-the-blinds-up directive, and decided I wanted to get up on the perch whether the blinds were up or not.  
...or Two? 
 

     Well, for the time being I guess I'll have to get used to not having my perch, and I seem to be able to find any available sun puddle there may be (once they open the damn blinds, that is).  I'm hopeful that this chilly weather we've been having is done (mom and dad moved down here to "get away from this sh*t", I've grown tired of hearing them say) for good.  I just want my damn perch back.  Is that too much to ask?
Mr. Not as Young as He Used to Be has no caption for this one


14 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hopefully you can get perchified again really soon!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, we feel your pain! This Winter is already too long, even though it’s only January 21! And hope that work eases up for your dad!

Summer said...

It seems like your humans could set up a cat tree or table by the window to make you happy, Cleo.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I hope it soon gets warmer so you can get your perch back.

pilch92 said...

Sorry you don;t have your perch :(

Tamago said...

I hope your dad gets lots of relaxing time. And hope it gets warmer soon. Winter this year has been so cold!

The Island Cats said...

Yeah, we’re tired of the cold too. We can’t wait for spring and summer so we can get a window opened. Hope you get your perch back soon.

Furries said...

It's awful that you've lost your perch. Unlike much of the U.S., we're having a fairly mild winter and just about every day I'll get a window cracked open so I can get a few minutes of fresh airs. I hope it gets warmer for you soon so you can ditch the plastic window insulation and have your perch back.

Ivan from WMD said...

Cleo, your dad should know that no blinds can deter a cat. If our mom at her advanced age is trainable to leave the blinds up for us, your dad should be!

P.S. Mom just finished her BB binge last week, practically a sacrilege for an ABQ resident!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Those blinds may be history if the old old one does not rectify the perch situation Cleo

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....rip thoz blindz down bee coz ya can; if ya sit on like three ore four slatz at de bottom they will pull kleen frum de window N ya dinna heer thiz frum uz ~~~~~~~ !! ☺☺♥♥

The Whiskeratti said...

Sighs. Just rude. We hope your perch returns soon.

John Bellen said...

Your perch will come back, I'm sure. In the meantime, you cast a shadow like Batman!

Darla M Sands said...

Every sweet, gorgeous kitty like you deserves a window perch. ~grin~ We flat out replaced our windows here in southwest Ohio years ago and are so glad we did. Hey, what about a tall free standing perch? Tilly and Jezebel's human grandpa built them three six and a half feet tall ones, each unique (!), back when Luna was still alive, and he's not even a cat person. Of course, they are little good unless the blinds are open. Hope it warms up!