Friday, August 18, 2017

News, Excuses and Boxes

       So with everything that's going on in the news these days it's gotten harder to keep the time set aside for things like posting here.  I've been instructed to write this so someone has an excuse for not posting anything for a bit.  Dad's usual reading & writing time has been reduced to a fraction of what it used to be because it's so easy to get caught up in the headlines.
     Sure, he still finishes novels he and mom get from the library, but now a good chunk of his morning reading time is spent on the headlines, and before he knows it his morning's shot and it's time to get ready for work.
     He pours his coffee, grabs the laptop and his phone, and immediately gets sucked into the news and self-set notifications on his damn phone.
     My lap time with dad, when I choose to bless him with my presence, has taken a back seat, mostly because there just isn't enough room for the laptop and my... bulk (had to put that in there, huh dad?)
     Will things ever calm down?  Will all the horrible, unbelievable, questionable ridiculous things we're seeing and hearing every day now ever subside? It's easy to get worked up about all the bullsh*t right now, so I'll leave it at that. 

     Anyway, as much as I'm a mature lady I still have a fun, curious, playful side.  Like many of my ilk I like boxes. 
I love it when dad brings home boxes.  Often, mom needs boxes for packing gifts for the grandkids, putting away seasonal clothes and whatnot, and the minute dad sets the boxes down I can't resist hopping in (yes, I can actually hop.  You should see me jump from chair to chair!).

     
          Boxes fascinate me.  I sniff every corner, every flap, rub my face on them, and jump right in, where I sit for, oh, about a minute.
     And then I'm no longer interested.

18 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We no longer watch news here or listen to any politician, it's been nice! Have a fun weekend Cleo!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, I bring home boxes for the cats all of the time, and The Hubby swears at me when he opens the trunk of my car to find more stashed in there! Hey, The 'O' Cats boxes get ruined by rain often, so I replace them a lot...and...Angel has a habit using boxes to 'expel' her meals, so they need replacing too! So, I don't know what his beef is...I think he's gone 'round the bend. Probably from reading too many headlines! Take care, and thanks for visiting too!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I think you are on to something. I think HUMANS should start hiding in boxes until we can escape the insanity in this world. We know what you mean, it is sooooooo easy to get sucked into all of this. It is all beyond horrifying. (((hugs)))) catchatwithcarenandcody

Summer said...

The last time a really big box came here (from Chewy), my human set it on the dining room table with the packing paper still in it, meaning to toss it in recycling at some point. Except Boodie took it over! She is the box queen here.

P.S. My human has a hard time escaping the news too. She has been depressed for months now.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I've more or less given up on news. The negativity gets me down. There are other ways to feel connected to the world around us - in a positive light - the cat blogosphere has really helped me with that :)

pilch92 said...

Boxes are fun, I am glad you have lots of them.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the news is very hard to hear these days/months. I am spending less time with it as time goes on. It is a matter of my sanity.
Enjoy those boxes! We had a kitty who had to get into every box or paper bag that entered the house. She was queen of all new things that came, especially cat beds.
Love to you, Cleo and to your Mom and Dad,
Lily and Tommy, the Little, Black, Furry Man

Marg said...

WE understand about then news. We don't watch it much any more since it is always bad stuff.
You sure are looking good in your box Cleo. We love boxes around here. You all have a fantastic day.

Hairballs and Hissyfits said...

hi gorgeous! Amarula loves boxes too! Hope things get better and the headlines calm down so you and your dad can enjoy more quality time together!

Ivan from WMD said...

Our mom is all mental these days too, Cleo. We take bets (in kibble, of course) on how long she can go in the mornings before she drops the first f bomb when listening to the last bastion of news in the house (Morning Edition). Hey, maybe you could send your unwanted boxes to us so our mom could hide in them.

Boots the Cat said...

You got boxes. I think I might be jealous. I hope you have a fun weekend with them.

Tamago said...

It's very hard to hear news indeed. I try to focus on positive things.
Those are fantastic boxes! A minute of fun sounds totally good :-)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Keep your humans calm, Cleo! That's a kitty's job.

The Whiskeratti said...

Boxes are very impawtant. And our people.. sighs.. they are so easily distracted.

Furries said...

Current events are disturbing, that's why it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy a new box. Have your people cut a little hole in any of your boxes? I love pawing through holes.

Catio Tales said...

Cleo, please stop being down on yourself about your bounteous girth. You can hop, jump and box-occupy. And laphog. You are the very essence of CAT! And tell Dad he NEEDs a tablet - solves the laptop and headline reading problem. His priority should be you - after all so much of that sh*t is going on, he needs you for support. Even here in Finland, we have had a nasty nutters do really bad things and the human world is very worrying.
Luckily we have each other as felines, and some decent human staff.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo.....yur dad iz rite... de nooze N much oh what goez on in sew sigh a teez..... bull $#!TZ..... we R glad we R catz~~~~~~

N may we say ya look total lee gorgeouz in that box....we box hop two N sum times..... knot often...but sum timez snooze in de box... sum times we haz card bored art !! ☺☺♥♥

happee week a head ~~~~~

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

You should just sit on the laptop when he starts looking at the head lines