Saturday, March 18, 2017

More About Me


Something about this closet...
     So I spent the first hour or so on my first night here wandering and checking everything out, as we're known to do.     Everything's got to be sniffed and rubbed on, and I have to check out every square inch to make sure it's all to my liking.  The bedroom closet is especially interesting.  There's an old disconnected thru-the-wall air conditioning unit that birds have gotten into over the years, and I can smell them once that closet door is opened.
     I've even tried to pull open a few cabinet doors, but have so far managed to avoid getting my picture taken.  
I especially like climbing on that box back in the corner, and they laugh at me when the top sinks in.  Not sure what they find so funny...
       One of their priorities was to get me in for a checkup.  This is me making myself at home on the counter top while waiting to get poked and prodded. 
All in all it wasn't too bad, since I've been through this a time or two over my 13 years.
      
What?!

  I'm getting pretty comfortable now, and although it's been a few weeks I can still find things new and fascinating.  They seem to think I'm getting used to them already, even though I'm still a little jumpy at times.  Dad had to throw in this last one, which was taken on my first night here.  Think I look relaxed?
Love the split-color "smile"
    Dad note:  Someone was especially annoying very early this morning.  She has a habit of walking across our pillows, and this morning she just had to try repeatedly to get up onto the headboard, waking mom in the process, who doesn't usually do too well with waking up as early as I do.  When we came out of the bedroom little miss princess wouldn't sit with us or chill out, and just wanted to chatter.  Non-morning-person mom went back to bed, and I'm hoping to hear snores soon.  Meanwhile, her higness's head is currently blocking my view as I try to type this...


23 comments:

Catio Tales said...

Ruled by a tortie. You are under the multicoloured paw, and smile of great smugness! I am not going to allow Mesi to read this blog as she will only aspire to grow up to be like Cleo (Mesi is about 2 but tiny).

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's so nice you are comfy and settling in sweet girl. I hope you find plenty of things to check out for a while!

Mickey's Musings said...

Sounds like you are settling in quite nicely Cleo :)
You have a great space for exploring and hanging out.
We also like to get mum up early,heehee
We think you are in a great home and you will love it there!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

The Whiskeratti said...

It's absolutely essential to check out everything! You are very wise.

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Cleo very very nice to meet you. I'm just down the road a bit to the east in Raleigh.
I have a niece who is a Tortie you gals are for sure fun
WTG walking on the pillow. I was doing that at about 5:30 this morning
Hugs madi

Summer said...

MOL! You will just have to submit to all the tortitude!

Kitties Blue said...

The final photo with the sweet smile wins the prize. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo & Cooper Murphy

The Island Cats said...

Cleo, it sounds like you are becoming well adjusted to your new home...and are taking over...as you should.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Cleo I am so glad you are adjusting so well to your new place and you look quite happy if you ask me!

pilch92 said...

I am so glad you are settling in so well. You are a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she's home! I love that two-tone smile!

Have fun,
Lily

Katie Isabella said...

OH I wish she could have met Admiral, the one who came before me. She was a glorious beautiful Tortie too Much loved and still is. Thank you for coming to see me! I m glad to meet you. xoxo

Just Ducky said...

Hello Miss Cleo and welcome to the CB! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. The white stuff, mum is retired, she doesn't have to struggle with it anymore to get day hunting. So we could just watch it snow.

If your humans used to live in snow country, I have heard that people don't miss it much if they leave.

Purrs.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi Cleo, it's nice to meet you. I walk across my mum and dad's heads in the mornings too so they know it is time to get up. My mum isn't a morning person either so sometimes I stand on her and yell at her as loud as I can. She can't ignore that for long.

Ivan from WMD said...

Classic tortitude! Hate to tell you, Dad, but she totally owns the two of you now. And the house and everything in it. MOL!

Eastside Cats said...

Cleo, you are on your way to having your new staff properly trained! ;-)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun new spaces to explore and are flexing tortitude whenever possible :)

Marvelous Marv said...

Bwa! Haa!! Haaa!!! Yous would bes the purrfect Cat From Hell!!!
Kisses
Nellie (who used to be The Cat From Hell)

The Menagerie Mom said...

It's no wonder you look so happy and smiling, Cleo. You found yourself the purrfect home! And you're a pillow walker in the morning? Here at our house, Thimble is the pillow walker and the kicker of the mom's head every morning. Who needs an alarm clock with a kitty wake-up call as reliable as that?

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Hi Cleo! It's so nice to meet you! Thanks so much for visiting our blog. You are adorable, and we're so glad you adopted your parents. We'll be visiting again for sure. Happy Monday!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cleo....may we pleez give ewe sum add viz strait a way.......BURDZ......
due knot look at em, listen ta em, ore ever EVER eat bass terd chckn ore turkee......truzt uz on thiz one oh kay !! ewe R one gorgeouz gal N we N joyed yur fotoz two day ~ ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Fur Everywhere said...

Welcome sweetie! You've found a good home to rule! We think you already look quite comfy in your new place. We look forward to getting to know you more. <3

Purrs,
Carmine and Lita

LP said...


Nice to meet you Cleo! It sounds as though you are training your humans well! If you need any additional pointers, don't hesitate to ask us...we rule the roost here :)

the critters in the cottage xo