Thursday, February 6, 2014

Catch Up

Okay, so it's been a couple of weeks.  Lots of stuff has been going on.  Stuff that has nothing to do with me, but I'm going to write it anyway.  Because I can.
     I'm still healthy overall, and as long as I'm breathing I'll put whatever the hell I want in here.
     The ice storm we had was a real shocker for this area.   Where we're from it would've been nothing to blink at, but it seemed like the world shut down for three days solid.
     I do feel bad for the areas that got hit the hardest, and especially those that weren't prepared to handle such weather.
     During the week of that storm dad was gone away to a 3-day conference for work (translated: meetings, food, and beer, not necessarily always in that order).  He said they only got about an inch and a half of "normal" snow while he was in Charlotte, so he missed the worst of what we got here.
     After he got back it was as if his and mom's vehicles missed their attention and started acting up.  Both began spewing fluids (the vehicles, not mom and dad) of different colors.  Mom's transmission decided it preferred to run dry, and dad's brakes thought they'd operate more efficiently without that precious lifeblood running through their lines, which turned out to be quite rotted (it IS a New England truck, afterall.  Up until we moved down here the underside had been nicely coated with salt every winter).
     Three days away from work means that dad has been scrambling to catch up, and has yet to achieve that (though if you ask me I'd say he runs around like a chicken with its head cut off most days anyway).
     So, my teeth are doing okay.  I've finished with the anitibiotics, but they still force that sh*t that's supposed to taste like chicken toothpaste in my mouth every day, which I can't stand.  One of these days I'm going to bite dad's finger clean off.
     I grumble and growl every time he sticks the damn thing in my mouth, and he and mom have a good chuckle at the noises I make.  I'll show them one of these times...
     
    
     

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Orbit, play nice and let your humans brush your teeth! That's a good lad. Too bad about the cars; there is never a good time for them to break down.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Glad to hear you made it through the ice storm ok.

Sorry to hear that your servants are making you do things you don't want to. But we hope your teeth hang in there a while longer.

Have a great weekend, Orbit!
XOXO

Ivan from WMD said...

Thankfully you and I don't have to worry about things like cars. I know humans go mental without them, though.

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing OK. Stay good!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood !!! grate ta heer ya iz doin aye oh kay N if we haz said it once we will say it til de endz oh dayz on de entire planit.....BURD IZ $#!T...dont matter if it bee ona plate, fresh, raw ore paste form ..... enjoy yur week :)

Sparkle said...

Ugh, you have to have your teeth brushed every day?! That's crazy, like something the humans do to themselves!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure have been keeping that Dad and Mom plenty busy! Ice is no fun and we are ready for winter to be over!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Wow, you have really been dealing with some issues there. The infection from your teeth, your folks being gone, the snow and ice, and the car problems. We hope things are calming down now and will go smoothly for a while.

Charliepuss said...

Man! You are one busy puss cat. Thanks for visiting my blog. I drop by and see you again.
Charlie