Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hallowaitaminute, What The Hell Are You Supposed To Be

It's that time of year again.  Time for the Dress-Like-an-Idiot-and-Make-an-Ass-of-Yourself work party.  Dad kind of has to go, since his job sort of requires it, and mom doesn't mind going along, even helping out.  They're not really the social type, but hey, free food and a chance to see others cross dressing or making themselves up like ghouls, zombies, wizards and animals sounds like great fun, doesn't it?  Yes?  Hello?  And don't get me going on the creepy Stormtrooper guy...
     
     So begins what was originally going to be my next post.  Jeez, I didn't realize how long it'd been since my last one.  Anyway, let it go, you old ass.  The party was a great success.  It's primarily for the kids anyway, and they all had fun.  Seems someone gets crankier and party-poopier every year! (I'm thinking mom will agree with me here)
     Party aside it's been S.S.D.D. around here.  Temps have dropped a few degrees overall, mom's doing her heavy duty fall cleaning, and I got another bath, which I don't mind admitting is getting easier to tolerate.
     While out and about this past weekend mom and dad stopped at Petco and Petsmart.  Both places were having adoption events, and mom and dad were saddened by the dozens and dozens of cats and dogs hoping to find forever homes.  
     Well, that's about all I got for now.  Bye.
     

10 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Bet dad really enjoyed it deep deep deep DEEP down! LOL!!!

What is SSDD? Nevermind - glad you are as lovely as ever Mr Orbit! Take care
x

Ivan from WMD said...

What, no pictures?

And I want to know what SSDD is, too.

My mom always gets all sad when she visits the local shelter either online or in person because of the hundreds of cats looking for homes. Especially the older ones who always wind up being there for eons. (At least the city has stopped the death row approach.)

Eastside Cats said...

I saw dozens of cats at the local Petco on Saturday, and my arms longed to hold each and every one of them! Saw how dedictated the rescue people were, and there were tons of folks 'shopping' so I'm hoping there were some furever homes for many! However, the look on the faces of the older cats was sad, and I whispered love and kind wishes to many of them

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...bee glad they dinna bring home pick sures all de weirdness ...frank lee we freak out everee time we see de food serviss gal step in ore outta de shower...tgatz enuff howl o ween scaree nezz ta last 90 bazillion cats, 90 bazillion life times.... enjoy yur week ~~~~~

Sparkle said...

At least YOU didn't have to wear any costumes!

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup! It came and went and did not bother us :)
Good to know things are good with you :)
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

Purrfect Haven said...

thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a note. enjoyed your post. Darcy, Bingley and Helen xxx

Saku said...

Beans are pretty silly aren't they?

We is wondering what SSDD is too!

Have a great day,
Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Smudge said...

S.S.D.D.= Same Shit Different Day. Sorry all, I guess I thought it was a more common phrase that it actually is.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Yes maybe they will bring you home a kitty pal
just sayin