Monday, November 12, 2012

Daily Welcoming Committee

     As mentioned in previous posts orbit likes to greet me when I come home from work.  I like to chat with my wife about our respective days when I first get in, and orbit provides the background music, which usually grows in volume the longer we talk.
     As much as his usual tone is that of a gruff, crusty old bugger he's really quite the softy.  He waits impatiently while my wife and I talk, and then when I do finally pick him up he'll usually settle right onto my left shoulder.  We'll walk around, and he'll sniff at the cupboards, walls, shelves or whatever I stand near, as if it's the first time he's noticed it. 
     The other night we performed our usual routine, only this time, when I hefted him onto my shoulder he laid his head down against my back and just kind of hung out that way, enjoying the ride as I walked around the apartment. 
            

13 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Awwww Orbit loves his routine! He's adorable!!!

Take care
x

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ah, the Beins shoulder. Yeah thats a good spot...

Katnip Lounge said...

My May Ling is the same way...it's nice to be loved!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Orbit is really just an old softie!

Ivan from WMD said...

That's sweet. Of us, only Caroline with do that. In fact, she clings all by herself and Mom can walk around hands-free!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Awwww Orbit just likes to be close. That is sooo cute!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we got yur dad trained just rite orbit !!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

and like duh...thatz posed ta be EWE haz yur dad trained rite.....thatz what R mom gets for sneekin round blog land frum werk N tryin ta types fast :)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Very Very sweet hug!!

Daisy said...

Orbit, I knew you were a sweet boy! If my Mommeh held me like that, I'd climb down her back. Using my claws.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Aww what a sweet huggie you gave your dad , Orbit <3
Me I´m not much for hanging around but I know my mom-person have told me that the cat who lived here before me he LOVED to hang around like you do :)

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me again :)
Just wan´t to tel you that I have a blogaward for you on my blog :)

Pernille said...

Orbit is a beautiful cat, and a lucky one as well :-)
Hugs from Pernille
xxx