Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Sad Anniversary

Wow, it's been four years today since my uncle left. 
     As I think I mentioned in an old post dad couldn't keep me at one point some years ago, so his brother took me in to live with him and his girlfriend in her house, and it didn't take long for me to grow on them. 
     There were several other cats and two dogs living there, which was kind of uncomfortable for me.  I grew kind of reclusive (that's a word, right?) and kept to myself, hiding under and behind furniture most of the time.
     Once in a while dad would come to visit, and I wouldn't come out to see him.  I was so mad, and didn't understand the whole situation. 
     One of the two dogs there was a little weird.  He had a thing for this stuffed bear, a habit most would find odd.  Well, I'm sure there are some who wouldn't find this so... never mind.  Anyway, this dog would lay there, dry-humping (can I say that?) this poor toy.  I guess you had to see it.
     My point is that I wasn't so very happy with the living arrangements there, but I did look forward to sleeping between my uncle and his girlfriend, much the way I do now with mom and dad.

     Well, my uncle passed away, leaving us in September of 2008. I think of him often, and we all miss him a lot.  In spite of all the other animals they had I'll always remember the abundance of love they had for us.  
     When mom and dad decided to foster poor Grayson I was reminded of dad's brother and his girlfriend.  She fostered little ones through the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society, often caring for several at one time.  
     Anyway, I just miss my uncle.  That's all.  Goodbye.
     

5 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

((Hugs)) to you today, Orbit, on this anniversary.

Mickey's Musings said...

We send comforting purrs and headbutts to you and your family Orbit.
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Tiger,Treasure,JJ and Julie

Ivan from WMD said...

What a sad day to remember. I bet your uncle is missed by a bunch of folks, especially your dad. But you know what? I bet he and Grayson met up right away and all is well with them.

Purrs to you and your family.

Old Kitty said...

Sweet Orbit!! Of course you miss your uncle and of course you will never forget the love and care you had from him and his partner! Take care
x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

yur uncle misses ewe two orbit, N ya gotta noe him loved ya ....trooly....